XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I don't know about you guys, but my neck's startin' to swell and my upper lip is beginning to curl . . . only 2 1/2 weeks 'til we start flickin' sticks! (my kid's more excited than I am!)

Time to warm up the bugle!:cool:

Last edited:

twiggy

May 20, 2001
Yeah....I've got to start wamin' up my sticks and string. If only everything I had would quit breaking (including my bike) , I could find some time:(

I can't wait!

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Yep, Sept 1, bow season opens here. Getting my bow out of the shop tomorrow had it tuned and restrung plus bought some new carbon arrows. Too bad the deer around here (San Diego area, local mountains) are not as big as other areas but I'll take what I can get.

Alpinestar

Apr 18, 2001
Oh yeah im ready, I just cant wait to get out there and spend all day and all night. 14 hours of calling, coughing, sneezing, and "dude im hungry". All equals to great times with people you care about, and one less deer to be killed ;) .

daman

Aug 8, 2001
i will be hunting every day i can get in the woods. Ther is at least one 16 point buck in my area and a lot of 8 to 12 pointers. i plan on getting my limit this year.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
After many years of freezing my toes (not to mention other extremities) I decided to stop deer hunting.
I had been hunting a huge buck...first day of gun season and nobody has checked him in yet. Im in the tree well before light, everythings perfect(hes got the whole area rubbed and scraped).
Daylight breaks and just over the hill.....WHooom WHoooom Whooom!!!
I didn't realize anyone else was within miles of me.
Turns out a 13 yr old kid who had just gotten his first gun, sat next to a stump at daybreak and this 14 pointer walked right past him. First time this kid ever hunted alone. Deer scored B&C points... That's it...I'm done. :(

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
I just purchased a new bow about two weeks ago, but unfortunately I won't be able to hunt with it this year. So it looks like I'll still be waiting until October 10th. However the deer and elk won't get off any easier as I don't have any Thursday or Friday classes this fall, so I'll have plenty of hunting time.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
I am SOOOO pumped!!

I almost forgot about dirt bikes :D

I gave up bow hunting to concentrate on ducks and geese.
I have 4 hotspots this year :)

Got my shotgun deer tag though

And I get my buck back from the taxidermist in a couple weeks from last year

XRP, I am Jealous I hope to elk hunt one day!!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Re: I am SOOOO pumped!!

Originally posted by Offroadr
XRP, I am Jealous I hope to elk hunt one day!!
I don't know what its like to not hunt elk! Been doing it my whole life! I just wish my success rate was a little higher. I'd really like to get one while the kid's with me. He really digs it. I think he'll be more into it than me in the future.

I hope to hunt moose someday!

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Yep, my trigger finger has been itching for about a month now, and with all these hunting shows on the outdoor channel the symptoms are getting worse. I haven't been able to ride for the last month so I went scouting in unit 48, up East fork. There are a ton of elk this year:) I didn't draw that unit but there is a late spike hunt that is pretty much a sure thing.

I might have to dust off the ole bow myslef!, I haven't hunted with it in about 5 years ( since I got married ). I spent alot of time in the mountains when I was archery hunting. I'd get off work at 5:00, be at my favorite hunting spot at 6:30, get home at 11:00. I would repeat this process every day for a month just chasing one buck. I never got a shot of him, but I did get a shot at a 27" 4x4 that was running with him, everything went picture perfect except for the arrow flying over his back cause my sight came loose at one point or another :scream:

SirThumper's success rate with a bow: 1 forked horn
SirThumper's success rate with a rifle: I've lost count.

I really like bow hunting, but I have terrible luck when it comes down the the shot itself. I've missed two 25"+ bucks, one cow elk, umpteen dozen smaller deer. The honest truth is that I didn't go with my dad to the outdoor 3D shooting range cause I thought, me being the great white hunter, didn't need to!. Thats what I get for thinking I guess.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I am all for the hunting thing myself. I finally purchased my lifetime hunting & fishing permit this year (dont know why I didnt buy it when I was 16). Dove hunting with the guys Sept 1st. Whoohooo. If it flies, it dies!!! (or at least gets shot at). Havent done much deer hunting to this point, but hope to start going this year. Mostly dove, ducks, and geese.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Mx a double barrel 10 ga works better.
A guy at work was at me about going elk hunting. Got me all excited, then found out he was just blowing smoke up my but. What a poser. One day in the near future I'm going bow hunting for elk.

Coop

Jan 21, 2000
I've been shooting my bow almost every day for the last two months. Pa is having a drawing for our first modern day Elk hunt. I didn't apply for a tag though. Those animals are a tourist attraction an don't seem to really fear humans. So this first one won't be much of a hunt. Maybe next year once they smarten up to people I will apply.

Coop

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Guys,

If any of you Elk hunters could or would, I would be interested in obtaining as many elks teeth that I can. This can be a money making deal for you. If anyone is interested, please email me for the details.

Mully

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Went to a seminar last night put on by Jim Horn from Primos, and all I can say is I am PUMPED for the season to start! Even after 20 years of hunting, I learned something new. I can't wait . . .:cool:

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Missouri season (archery deer) opens Oct 1st, I have had the mighy Martin out some and shooting good, thankfully my Muzzy's fly the same as the field tips. I enjoy my quiet time in the woods as much as my noisy time on the 426. The air, along with all nature has to give..that's just good stuff. It's ashame more people don't understand the therapy it offers. Good luck to all this upcoming season, and may your shots be accurate and time out be safe. Jason

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Been shootin my bow for the last 3 weeks and will have alots of time coming up since our season isnt til after Dirt Week. Plus i have 3 weeks of vacation to take. :confused: Only complaint is that it would cool down some so i can finish clearing some shooting lanes and get the stands out. With the heat i sweat too much and then the bugs start at ya. I know what a wuss! Atleast during hunting season i have the netting to protect me. :( Havent really been scouting yet, but plan on some spotting this weekend.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
XRP do you have any of the Primos videos? I've got the Truth 3 and I'll probably buy the Truth 4 when I can find it. Great Vids.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
wow! elk hunting? i'd love that. all we got in IL is white tail, good sized tho, gotta wait a bit till i can get out the cannon here and chase bambi. fair fight says i! altho in a few more weeks dove season opens up. gotta love it, after the morning hunt, we come back to my back yard and wait for 'em to fly back to the river in the pm. mmmm... love dove, love living in the country. good luck xrp, hunting elk with the kids has gott'ta be sweet. i think passing on the good traditions that build character and bond the family spirit,like hunting, riding etc, are the tru back bone of good society. i doubt any one lay on his death bed and said"shure am glad i never took my kids hunting":)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by IDkTm
XRP do you have any of the Primos videos?
Don't have 'em, but I've watched 'em. They are to hunting what On Any Sunday is to dirt bikes!

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
If your a waterfowler, the Whistling Wings is the best series going.

OK Poll time. What is your favorite gun?

For shotguns its my Benelli Super Black Eagle

For rifles its my Browning A-bolt medallion w/ BOSS

Pistols is my glock 21 (but I hunt with my S&W .44 mag)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
OK Poll time. What is your favorite gun?
Shotguns--Call me cheap, but I like my Mossberg 500 Turkey special

Rifles--I like my .30-06, and my 7mm Mag, but I would love a Ruger M77 .300 Mag

Pistols--Shooting my Ruger P89 9mm is way fun and cheap to shoot, but I want a .44 Mag (or a .454 Casull:p ).

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999

For shotguns its my Benelli Super Black Eagle

Now if he could only hit something with it;) (but then again at his age he is lucky to see any birds)

Sorry but my favorite scatterguns stays with the browning A5 (rem wingmaster 870 close 2nd)

rifles my best shooting is with a cheapo Winchester ranger 30-6 bolt with a tasco 2x10 scope- favorite showoff gun a Winchester model 94 from 1939 that my dad gave me. Killed more deer with that thing and still carry it in thick brush hunting

pistol gotta say its my Berreta f92 (only reason it doesn't go to work with me anymore it's only a 9mm if it was a 40 cal I'd carry it everyday)

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
haha Oldguy! Can't blame the gun! Hopefully I'll have a new toy for Pheasant season!

XRP. I have a P89 as well, it was my first handgun, I am not nearly as accurate with it as my Glock.

I have alot of good memories from my older guns as well, my Remington 1100 that killed my first deer, my Ithaca .410 that was my first gun (other than my Red Rider :))

I kept em all, you CAN'T have too many!

Top Bottom