rhype

Feb 24, 2003
Well I got tired of riding my TTR-250 in the woods and got into MX which I now love. Overjumped this small double and slammed into the seat pretty hard. It's been over three weeks and I'm still having trouble sleeping at night. Popping motrin like it's candy. Any advice on back injuries?

maco

Apr 16, 2003
Better get that checked-first step is an Xray. Sometimes on hard impacts a compression frx of one of the vertebae may occur.They sometimes give before the disc which can tolerate a sharper load.On Xray the vertabra will look scrunched down in the front.Not saying this is what happened but a possiblity.Not much is done in these circumstances but letting it heal up without reinjurying it till it does.Many other possibilites to cause pain on a spinal level from a moderate sprain of ligaments,joint capsules,outer disc, to more serious prolonged injuries.The Xray should rule out bone involvment and point to soft tissue.Ride safe and long

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
If an x-ray doesn't show anything in the area of pain. Do you have any loss of feeling in a leg or ocasional shooting pain, this may mean you have a bulging disc and only an MRI will show it. It is pushing on nerves. If that is the case I would recommend physical therapy to get your body back in shape and then stick rigidly with the exercises as if you slack off whan you feel better you are asking for the problem to return and worsen. Then your only recourse is surgery. See a neurosurgeon after the MRI not another type of doctor.

Do not put off the Doctor get there. After Dirtweek let us know how it went.

rhype

Feb 24, 2003
Thanks for the help. I have an appointment next week. It really is a catch 22, I started working out to become a better rider and now I can't workout because of riding. I started back running a week after the injury and pounding the payment I think kept it from healing, I did the stairmaster yesterday and I'm still having problems with pain at night. I've become so obsesssive about working out I can't force myself to lay off for a couple of weeks. By the way I'm now looking at a YZ250F, MX is awesome.

sunnyboy

Feb 24, 2003
GO TO A CHIROPRACTOR A.S.A.P !!!!!!!!dont mess with a regular m.d.they wont do anything to fix your back intell it is to late. remember pain medication only stops the pain not the problem and allows you to do more damage to your back. a chiropractor will fix your back and will give you exercises to do to help you avoid damaging your back again.all the old farts i ride with see one a couple times a year just to assure the spine is in tuneGO NOWthe longer you wait the more damage you will do to your self

CRSpeedy

Nov 24, 2002
Have many of you guys really had good results from a chiropractor?
I went to one once, they did Xrays, he said I had a back like an 80 yr. old man. He said he'd like to see me at least twice a week but if I would pay in advance he'd see me 3 times a week for just a little extra money. (maybe for the rest of my life?) He did'nt do any thing for my back that day and i never went back. Are they all like this?

elf

Jun 7, 2003
I have had very good results with my chiropractor, but I think there are some who are not so good. My guy told me up front if I followed his recomendations I would only have to see him for a couple of times. And true to his word I did my exersizes and whatever he told me to do and I havent been back for 2 years. Keep in mind when I went to see him I couldent even stand up.But on the other hand I have a brother who was on (the life time plan) and I think his guy was taking him to the cleaners.

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Agreed- some good, some quacks. We found a good one. The top pro ballplayers use chiros. My sister is an MD, Internal Med, and refers back problems to them. Something that also helps me is NOW liquid GLucosamine with Chondroitin and MSM, from boodybuilding.com

Top Bottom