Husaberg, if you can't afford it .....

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
Over the last few months I have been looking into what my next steed might be (cuurently TM125e), with the 'berg always in the back of my mind. I have recently ridden: GasGas ec250, GG xc300, YZ125, YZ426, KTM 520exc, Husky te400, Husky wr125, CR125, CRE250, TM300e, Maico 500 (surprisingly good bike), Husaberg fe400e. After riding all the bikes the old TM was still looking pretty good, it handles so well, that is until I rode the 'berg. I should add that I owned/raced a '92 'berg in '92-early '94 and really miss the bike. The new 'berg was just incredible, I didn't want to give it back (it is SOOOO easy to go fast on). I have stayed away from KTM-made 'bergs due to parts and service issues that materialized after the take-over. This new bike has me really thinking, it makes most other bikes feel like trying to ride a shopping cart down the trail (OK, maybe and exaggeration). The 'berg was light and responsive but felt very planted. As the subject line reads: Husaberg, it you can't afford it, DON'T ride one (you'll just get depressed). Now back to that Maico, it really worked well on the snotty rain soaked/ snow covered trails with it's smooth power and stable handling (hmmm?)

JigyJig

Mar 7, 2000
what year is your 125e I had a 99 but it got stolen when was only couple of months old so didnt put much time on it.

How does the power of your 125 compare with YZ125 mine felt very strong when I was riding it, but I never got to actually compare it to anything else.

At the moment I am tossing up whether to keep my 2 bikes or sell them and buy a new 125e with the ohlins forks.I really prefer 125's over bigger bikes and my honda is a really quick one and am worried I may go a little backwards in the power department.

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
JigyJig
The Yamaha has more bottom end and mid range acceleration, but tends to stall more due to lack of flywheel. The TM has way more top end, it just howls until it hits the rev limiter. The TM has more power than the CR everywhere. The TM is a better woods bike, but the YZ is probably better on the mx track. The tm125e with the Ohlins is tops on my list of 125's.

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
Tm: I know what you mean.....

I did the same thing....checked out, researched...did everything just right on top of buying something else..........then I rode the 'Berg. :) :)

Well.......checkbook came out......aint nothing out there like it, in fact IMO....I was always dumping $$$$$$$ into bikes just dreaming and hoping it would be something like the Berg when I was done....not anymore!

HR
:cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom