PippBike

May 26, 2009
Ok off the bat i must say i'm into honda's and the last bike i owned was a 2000 XR200. So me and wife are looking to ride some trails together however i also wanna get into riding MX tracks. So i'm thinking of getting a 125 or 250 2stroke but i'm concerned about what prolonged trail riding might do to it. Maintaining the bike regularly would not be a issue. and as for the wife im looking for a trail bike for a girl 5'6 130lbs. thanks for any insight

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
Dont spend too much on her bike. Most women ride their offroad bike about 4 times, it sits for a year or 2 and their husband sells it.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
jb_dallas said:
Dont spend too much on her bike. Most women ride their offroad bike about 4 times, it sits for a year or 2 and their husband sells it.

:yell:

I can name quite a few that would disagree with that statement.

Pippbike I have logged quite a few miles in the trails with my YZ125 and my previous CR125. I have never had an issue with it. I am mostly an MX rider, but I have always trail ridden with my 125s. The only thing different we do for the woods is swap out the silencer for the spark arrester one and soften the suspension a few clicks.

My husband has a YZ250 and we both ride MX together and trail ride every now and then.

Both bikes do fine. We trail ride, race harescrambles, mx and "family" enduros.

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
Man...I should have seen that coming. Everyone will notice that my post says most which would imply more than 50%. I will stand behind that statement. I would estimate that there are 5 or 6 stories about women riding the bike 4 times for every story about a woman sticking with the sport. MXGirl, remind your husband he is a lucky man, you are the exception, not the rule.

HartlandMI

Nov 13, 2008
My dad and mom got a Yamaha TTR225 and a TTR125, respectively. They are both terrible bikes. The 225 is very heavy and they are both really slow. They also have extremely soft suspensions with no way to adjust anything. They don't have clickers. I weigh 155 and easily bottom both of them out. The 225 would only be suitable for dirt roads. The 125 might be a good pick for a middle schooler that is just learning to ride... or a wife I guess. Neither should ever be on a track. Get a 2 stroke

Bmorenik

Oct 30, 2021
The TTRs are great trail bikes. They are perfect trail bikes. I have both im 6'3 200lb and the 225 is plenty of bike for long gnarly trails. It is very comfortable the seat is soft the suspension is spongey. I uncorked mine and have no problem getting the front wheel up over logs. This is not a racing bike. It's a very dependable very comfortable mule. If you're gonna pull 100 mile Appalachian trail ride you don't want to be on a trx450, I have one of these as well

... each bike is designed for a purpose. In their own lanes they all do pretty well. I am tired of all the smack being talked about these bikes. Put a couple hundred miles of swamp and hills under your trx and if you can still walk without a limp write a review. These ttrs are very capable very comfortable work horses. Not the bike for making city ride wheelie videos for sure.

Top Bottom