andibk

Apr 28, 2008
I am interestd in restoring a 1978 Husky Cr 125. My main goal is to build it similiar to the one in the Motocross action Magazine in the February 1978 issue. The bike was raced by David Taylor back in those days. Can anybody help me out with some pics of a bike from that year. Also what has happened to DG? Did they go out of business? Also Husky used to use parts from different size bikes. they built. What other models could I use to restore this bike?

Appreciate all the help.

Bruce

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
andibk said:
I am interestd in restoring a 1978 Husky Cr 125. Also Husky used to use parts from different size bikes. they built. What other models could I use to restore this bike?

Appreciate all the help.

Bruce

Basicly all the cr's for Husky use the same chassis/suspension. You can also look for '77 390 chassis parts. I have no idea what the bike looked like in the mag though. I race a '77 250 which is the same as the 125(I use the 390 forks/shock length for '78(9.5" forks and 9" rear travel).I have a '78 125(w/extra motor/new topend) that has been sitting in storage for 3 years that needs resto. that I may part with.
Are you planning on racing or just using it for a static display?

andibk

Apr 28, 2008
I will probable just do it as a hobby and something to take to the local tracks and play around with. How much were you thinking of asking for it? Do you have any pics of the bike??

andibk

Top Bottom