twfact

Jul 14, 2008
Hi all,

Dirt bike newbie here. :) I decided I want to try this out and I was hoping for some advice. I found a good deal on a 99' Husky CR125, the guy says it hasn't been ridden much and only needs a shock seal replaced, as it's leaking fluid. What do you think? Are there things I should ask specifically about or look out for, test, etc.? I just want to try it out so I'm not looking to spend much more (paying $700, plus all the protective gear).

I want a 2 stroke for ease of repairs, but I'm not sure how easy it is to get Husky replacement parts. eBay doesn't seem to have nearly as many as they do for other models from Yamaha/Suzuki/Honda. But maybe some of the parts are interchangable between the different WR models? I don't have a manual handy so I really can't check, please don't flame me. :)

Any advice you could offer would be much appreciated. Thanks!

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
http://www.eric-gorr.com/mxandoffroad.html

this book will tell you every thing you need to know about buying used bikes...

even for me (portugal is near italy) is MUCH more dificult to get parts for these bikes than to the japonese. there are only two or three dealers in the all contry and their stock is very little... and normally they are more expensive too...

Top Bottom