Taliesin

May 11, 2000
Has anybody experience of using Kibblewhite exhaust valves in a Husky 610.I have just purchased a set which is labled 510/610 exhaust valve.Only problem is that the standard Husky Exhaust valve is 32mm & the Kibblwhite is 30mm diameter.
On putting the valve into the head the valve is lower inside the seat.Seem like it might work but can't work out why this is the case & if there would be enough valve seat area for a good seal & to prevent it burning out.I have checked with my supplier who has checked with Kibblewhite & the sizing is correct by them.
My supplier has not used these valves so has no hands on knowledge.Anybody can help? SFO or Mike Perry anybody
Thanks

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
What year is your 610?

I am sorry that you are having a hard time with these valves. I don't remeber the fittment schedule for the Husky valvetrain but if there is a problem I am sure it will be rectified. Try emailing Mike direct at KMPI, you can get his adress off of the website.

They are not expecting you to run 2mm undersize exhaust valves.

Either the valves are mispackaged there needs to be more datum on the Husky valve sizes and applications.

Was the head ever modified, BTW?

PM me if you are having any problems getting this worked out.

Who is your distributor?

Taliesin

May 11, 2000
SFO

The TE610 engine is a 1996 model all standard. Kibblewhite list these valves fit all 1991-99 Husky 510/610 on their website. Maybe there is a mistake & these will only fit the 510 & Husky increased the exhaust size on the 610.I also have the Kibblewhite inlets for the 610 but these are the correct size 35mm.
Cheers for your help

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Thanks for your feedback, I am surprised this anomolie has survived so long.
Again, if your distributor contacts KMPI the correct valve can be custom made for a nominal charge.
Glad to help.

Taliesin

May 11, 2000
Cheers for the reply SFO.
However it is strange that Kibblwhite has not noticed this issue before.I shall contact the UK importer Allens Performace.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom