PedroMx

Jan 12, 2001
Hi:

I am the proud owner of a CR 250 (1999 model) but I am worried about something I heard last week at the local track.
One guy said that I should check the flywheel bolt because this model has this history of breaking crankshaft bearings, flywheels, etc.

The bike is runnig OK but ...

Does anybody knows something about this?

Thank you guys in advance. :)
Pedro.

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I too have heard this rumor. I find it hard to believe that the problem really exists as the crank bearings and crank are very strong. Couldnt hurt to take a look under the cover though. Shake the crank and check the torque of the bolt.

My guess is that you will have no problems.

Chris

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I heard that rumor from a guy who never owned a Husky. I had a WR360 for a few years. I hammered that thing and never had any motor problems of any kind. The only complaint I had was when I got the bike it was jetted for another planet. I've known several guys with those Cagiva built 250's and 360's...none ever had any motor related failures. ( Seems like we with those Husky's tend to gather and discuss the extreem nature of our rebellion while waiting for our races....) Those were solid motors.:o

(Of course I am hearing similar junk about VOR's from people who never saw one before they saw mine.....how rumors start myths I think. I wish all folks could enjoy as trouble free an experience that 1998 Husky WR360 gave me and this VOR is in the process of delivering. Love the one kick start. Life is easier now.)

Last edited:

PedroMx

Jan 12, 2001
Thanks Chris and Weimedog:

I have checked everything and it is OK!

I should be more careful to what I listen. Obviously this guy was trying to psyche me out, specially after (I´m improving!!) pulling holeshots in my class (oh no! in a non jap bike!). Is hard to believe how much a new bike (that runs, brakes, shifts,...) can help you to reach higher levels.

Thanks again guys.:)

Pedro.

Top Bottom