Husky CR 250 - will a 16t cs sprocket fit??

snullia

Oct 26, 2001
I have a ’00 husky cr 250. Will a 16t cs sprocket from a husky te 410 fit?? The manual only specifies 13t, 14t and 15t.

Also – this is a fun bike, but it could be a little smoother to change gears. Anyone else bothered by this? Any tricks to make the gearbox shift smoother???

motorhead434

May 28, 2003
I run 13/52 for woods riding,not much clearence there now between swingarm pivot and sprocket.I bet the 15 would go to the cutout in chain guard on swingarm,so 16 I dont think would fit.I tried different brands of oil and settled on havoline 5w30,which I change every 2 races/rides.Works just as slick as the high dollar "SPECIAL MOTORCYCLE/CLUTCH OIL" for about $4.00 dollars less a quart.Doesnt shift as smooth as say a honda but I got used to it with time and dont even think about now that bike's broke in

Taliesin

May 11, 2000
A 16 tooth will not fit the 15 T as motorhead explained only just fits.I use 14 or 13 with a 51T rear on my WR.For best shifting run a lite oil.I have found Putoline lite or ATF the best.Very slick & light shifting.Also found that the water pump seal leaks commonly on these 250's & makes the gear oil go milky quickly.
Change the seal & wrap PTF plumbing tape tightly around the water pump shaft where it come through the seal.This cures it.
Also check that the gear lever is in good condition & is not fouling the clutch cover.I have found the end of the lever which folds wears out.The angle of the tip increases to over 90 degrees compromising the shifting.

Last edited:

snullia

Oct 26, 2001
Guys, thanks. I have only had the bike for a few weeks, so all info and tips come in handy. Really like the bike so far, good handling and mild engine, no brutish hits. Anyone know of a good internet dealer for Husky parts??

Top Bottom