seb

Oct 6, 2001
i have a 98 husky cr125
it keeps cutting out like the spark plug fouls, but if you cut the throttle it will go again in a few seconds, i have put in a new cdi, recoiled the stater, adjusted the float level and checked the jetting.
it is still doing it so if anyone has any ideas could they please tell me what it could be.
thank you for any help. :)

appyoblivion

Oct 5, 2001
cut out

Not sure if this will help, but here goes. On my little streeter I had a problem when it used to cut out. I looked at it for a long time, scratched my head (for about three weeks and finally removed the fuel tank and walla! there lie the problem. The coil bone connected to the spark plug bone was also worn down and shorting on the frame thereby intermittently impeding spark. I wouldn't have noticed it if I didn't pull the wiring away from the frame slightly. well maybe you have already checked this no?

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Also clean the carb, check the float and make sure there isn't dirt in the float bowl that bounces around and clogs things up. And while there check the jets to make sure they arn't corroded. One final thing, check your air pilot screw. Make sure it hasn't backed way out or fallen out.
That's all I can think of.

bud

Jun 29, 1999
My 250 has done this too. It would always happen after about 5 secs or so of wfo. Raising the float level a bit fixed the problem.

robj

Oct 31, 2000
This probably isn't a related problem but my WR125 kept fouling plugs every 40 minutes. Switching from a 95 to a hotter 8 grade did the trick.

Top Bottom