MooDad

Apr 12, 2001
My neighbor and riding buddy has an older Husky 400. I believe it's an '86 or '87. It has recently developed a high speed miss.
This bike normally screams but he said all of a sudden it is cutting out and sputtering at high speed. Low rpms is fine though.
He said going up hill it cuts out when he revs it but coming down hill when there is no load on the engine he said it revs fine.
He said he has pulled the carb and gone thru it and he is confident the problem isn't carb related.
I read online where some older Huskys were prone to ignition problems but that's a pretty vague description.
I thought someone here might be able to offer some advice on what to look at next.

Damager

Jul 9, 2002
maybe needs a new plug/wire or the plug needs to be gaped im just guessing tho,could be a number of things just thought i lable the simple stuff,but i do hope the bike gets better,now watch me get prob's with my 430 now lol

Last edited:

robj

Oct 31, 2000
just had a similar problem with my 125 (topend misfire). Replaced the plug with non resistor type, HT cap and wire and it now runs perfectly, back to full power on top. Guess I was lucky.

Top Bottom