MadKaw Mike

May 23, 2006
Hey guys

I have a 2001 Husky wr 250 with the mystery 38 mm tmx carb. Anybody know how to jet these darn things. The only mods are a PC pipe and spark arrestor. The thing runs rich. Does anybody make a jetting kit for this carb?

I have heard stories of people swapping it out for a Keihin .Any ideas?

I am also having clutch issues. The guy I bought from said he Just put a new clutch in it. The clutch does not fully engage. Any ideas before I pop the cover off and look at the plates?

Thanks In advance

Huskies rule! Pumpkins drool!

Agitator

Dec 21, 2005
The clutch cable may be too tight.
I don't want to ramble-on about the other stuff, because I don't know the answers....
Good luck.

pumpkins drool, lol. Oh yeah!

MadKaw Mike

May 23, 2006
Agitator ... been there done that. That was the first thing I checked. I adjusted the cable both ways to no avail. Thanks though.

Agitator

Dec 21, 2005
No problem. I thought you might have overlooked it. From the sound of your post though, you souned like the kinda' guy who wouldn't miss something like that ;)

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
Every husky I've had since 1988 has clutch drag, especially when cold. Does it get better after you warm it up? You might try a different fluid. If the bike sat for long period, the steel and fiber plates may have stuck together. Check TT in the 2 stroke husky section for jetting.

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I fixed my Husky clutch issue with a new lever! The OEM lever does not have enough pull to fully disengage the clutch. So, the adjustment is naturally set somewhere that kind of works.

I went to the dealership with a large selection of levers. I found one that had the right geometery. In other words, the cable pull was much farther from the pivot point. Yes it makes the clutch stiffer, but the reality is that it feels so much better!

Replace the carb with a Kehin PWK. The stock carb is truly junk.

Chris

MadKaw Mike

May 23, 2006
Thanks guys

Cujet Which brand lever did you end up with?

A 2stroke section on ThumperTalk! " Dogs and Cats living together.....Mass hysteria"

Agitator

Dec 21, 2005
COLEMANAPP said:
Every husky I've had since 1988 has clutch drag, especially when cold. Does it get better after you warm it up? You might try a different fluid. If the bike sat for long period, the steel and fiber plates may have stuck together. Check TT in the 2 stroke husky section for jetting.

I've had problems with the clutch on my husky. well- it's actually fine, but it was stuck, so I put it in gear, held the brake, held teh compression release and the clutch, and gave it a kick. It freed right up, but has always been hard to push when you pull the clutch. it behaves fine when riding though. It's not even notchy when I shift into gear from neutral...

Top Bottom