FenryHonda

Nov 9, 2001
This is too funny. I came to DRN to post a question about a Husky, and here this thread was.

I have been looking at Husky's online and like what I see so far. One thing that puzzles me is their advertised seat height. It varies from 35 inches for the enduro models, and 35.8 for the MX models.

How can Husky do this when the other bikes range from 37-39 inches?

I have a 28" inseam and the Husky sounds so good to me.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Originally posted by FenryHonda
I have been looking at Husky's online and like what I see so far. One thing that puzzles me is their advertised seat height. It varies from 35 inches for the enduro models, and 35.8 for the MX models.
How can Husky do this when the other bikes range from 37-39 inches?
I have a 28" inseam and the Husky sounds so good to me.

Good question.. I've heard before that Huskies are actually one of the tallest bikes on the market, but their stats show that they're barely taller than an 80 MXer. Can anyone who owns one or has ridden one shed some light?

I'm 6'5, so I'm wondering for the opposite reason as you are.:eek:

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
That published number is wrong. If the new TEs are like the '02 2-strokes I've sat on, they will be about average in seat height, maybe a little lower than a KTM and taller than a GasGas.

FenryHonda

Nov 9, 2001
After really studying the pics, and the specs, I realize that yes, the numbers have to be wrong.

Another bubble busted. I really need a shorter bike for the woods, on a mx track, the taller ones are fine. I will have to continue riding my '77 YZ 400 in the woods, or buy a Pampera.

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
I don't know exactly if this is what you're looking for, but about a year ago I think Rich was talking about a YZ400F that he had lowered for better cornering and to fit his size. Somehow they chopped the suspension...I think he said it handled the jumps pretty well too. Maybe do a search, or ask in the suspension forum, if that interests you.

kdxjr

Jan 2, 2002
those seat height numbers are ( unladen ) meaning before you sit on it,
I bet the Husky's may start a little lower, but they all end up close to the same. One thing I love about my KDX is that big ole thick seat..
When will the TE be out..

FenryHonda

Nov 9, 2001
After watching the 125 class at Houston on tv, I now know that those numbers are false. A Husky rider went down in the first heat, and as he was getting back on, I noticed that his seat was between his hips and chest. That's definately not 36".

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
I was reading an Australian mag yesterday & it said they'll be out for 2003. Husky's been sold to Piaggio and it's going to take a few months to get the factory up & running.

tigerowner

Mar 3, 2002
Damn, If this is true I hope we don't have the parts issues again. Cagiva finally started to get things right. I guess we just wait and see.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by FenryHonda
After watching the 125 class at Houston on tv, I now know that those numbers are false. A Husky rider went down in the first heat, and as he was getting back on, I noticed that his seat was between his hips and chest. That's definately not 36".

The specs on most Huskys are off, my 99 CR125 seat is over 39in. But then again, you're not suppose to put your feet down. I put my feet down LESS when trail riding than when on an MX track.

Top Bottom