tdfroux

Apr 23, 2001
I am going to buy a new bike with in the next few months and I need some advice.

Husky or Yamaha ?

I have ridden on an uncorked WR (no muffler and throttle stop filed down) and I must say it's a rocket on wheels, turns well and the barking is not to bad either, but I am a big husky fan and currently own a TE610. The new TE570 is reportedly much faster than the 610, but how does the 570 compare to the WR ?

wolverine

Jan 9, 2002
If your are a B or A lever rider the WR 462 is a pig to throw around!! also when your ride hard it will get hot and stall on you, then you will wear yourself out kicking & kicking & kicking. Like the jokes going around the hare scrambles (75% of the corners in hare scramble you will see a guy kicking over a yamaha 4 stroke! I know this, cause i was one of them guys in the corners. :scream:

Mini Me

Jan 17, 2002
What do you mean by faster - in comparing the TE 610 to the 570. They both have the same motor - as the 610 was always infact a 570. Depending on the model you own there may have been some significant changes sice then, up until 01, but I am not sure about 02. Ergos and suspension is where the 01 is much better than previous models - so if you are riding smoother, and moving around the cockpit easier - then you will be 'faster'

Dirtbike had a comparo between the WR-F TE and the KTM 520 a couple of months ago. It seemed to be reasonably unbiased as the WR-F did not win every category - I believe the KTM was chosen as the best all round bike

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
I have ridden the wr426, te610, and te570 (as well as the 'berg fe400e and ktm 520exc), although not any of the bikes back to back. Hands down the 570 is the fastest dirt bike on the market. The te570 will most likely be the next bike in my stable, it is a whole different bike from the pre-2001 models.

wolverine

Jan 9, 2002
Tdfroux, I was just sheding some light on your 1st question ( buying a new bike,( husqvarna or wr 426 yam ). as for speed I do know this,the 426 set up right ( jetting-un-corked-gray wire mod - bk mod) the bike will add a few inches to your sleeve lenght. as far as the 610 & 570 i have not riden yet.If it were me I would buy the husky (very dependable).make sure you have a good dealeraround your area.

husq555

Oct 24, 2001
FWIW, a stock TE570, with stock gearing, is reportedly good for 110~120 mph!!!

The '02s have a new Mikuni TMR41 carb to replace the Dell'Orto 40mm used on previous versions. With the new carb, it'll start first kick every time as opposed 3rd kick w/ Dellorto.

Bliz

Dec 25, 1999
According to Husky's webpage the te570 did not get the total makeover of the other 4 strokes. It had some significant upgrades but is basically the same bike it was in 2001. By the way I own a 2001 te400 and it's been an excellent bike.

husq555

Oct 24, 2001
The TE570 was thoroughly revamped for '01, with a new frame, new bodywork and ergos, and numerous internal engine mods. I think it won the open class in World Enduro last year, maybe the last two years. If you take a look at the design of the engine it's actually very similar to the CRF450 Honda--4-valve SOHC with a forked rocker arm and automatic compression release, except the TE570's engine design in various iterations has been around for a while and is basically bulletproof.

Husky's new 250/450 4T's are all clean-sheet, all-new-from-the-ground-up models for '02. They use an all new DOHC e-start engine with a pretty cool F1-style valvetrain and Ti valves.

bud

Jun 29, 1999
The 570 will supposedly get another makeover for 03 with e-start. Not sure what else, but I guess it will end up a big bore version of the 450.

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
Bud
I had not heard that the 570 was going to get a makeover. The 570 with the Mikuni starts so easily, it would almost be a waste to put on the e-start (except for restart after a crash.

Top Bottom