tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
I saw a few responses to Greg M's thread about former 610 owners. My question is what do people feel about their te570's. If you do own one, how does it compare to the old 610? Is it still rock stable, and is it still virtually stall proof in the snotty stuff? Did the "power-up kit" make starting harder? What do you feel about the new body work as far as feel, not just look? TE400 riders, feel free to respond to questions that apply.

bud

Jun 29, 1999
I know a guy, a vet factory rider who rides a te570. He reckons it feels lighter and more flickable than the 610. I think the thing he likes most is the huge amount of usable power right off idle. I don't know if he has this "power-up" kit, but he did have trouble starting it occasionally. I think it was a jetting issue that he solved, since it seems to start alright now.

He's planning on another 570 for the next season too. I've been meaning to get a test ride on it, but for some reason it seems an intimidating machine.. maybe because I've been roosted by it so many times :).

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
The "power-up kit" was a Husky aftermarket kit to up the HP on 2000 and older bikes. The 2001's came with the pu kit installed from the factory.

OZ_dirtrider

Jul 2, 2001
I have a friend who owns a 01 TE570 and he is very happy with it. It took some time to get use to the difference in weight as he came off a 00WR360 but when he compared it to a 99 610, the 01 was more agile and the controls/suspension were slightly better (better response from the brakes).
I have a 01 TE400 and comparing the this to the TE570 the only issue l have is weight as the 400 is so much easier to steer than the 570 but the 570 has a more grunt. On open trails, the 570 is hard to catch but in tighter stuff, the 400 you can better use the spread of power and weight than the 570.
Starting both bikes, no difference but l did notice the 570 would flame out a bit more than my 400 - maybe a case of jetting.

J

01 TE400
00 WR360
92 KDX250

Bliz

Dec 25, 1999
I've got an 01 te400. Very happy with the bike. Bike is stable and still is easy to ride in tight woods. Bike starts easy when hot, but has a goofy choke setup for cold starting. Best way to start engine that I've found is to turn the throttle about 10 times to use the accelerator pump in carb to prime bike, bike will then start in 5-6 kicks when cold. Overall quality of this bike is excellent. Overall great bike.

jeff11

Nov 20, 2001
I Know a guy in the local club with a TE400 Nice bike!!!
He does a lot of mx on the bike on quite short & tight tracks & runs in the top 5 in the Experts class.He has dropped the front forks to it's lowest notches for improved turning & runs a Doma extra long silencer.The bike lacks outright power on open/steep tracks but is real good on snotty going.I almost bought the bike of him but he has decided to keep it.He says he is going to fit a 570 crank onto it to give the same bore/stroke as the old Husky 510.He says the 570 has too much power & a 500cc capacity is the best balance.
I have ridden the bike & would say as a past owner of 610 the bike is a great improvement in layout.The power is nice & smooth & handles nicely.

bud

Jun 29, 1999
I rode the 570 I was talking about on the weekend. It wasn't what I was expecting. It felt light, flickable, tractable and friendly on gnarly, slippery single track. Only thing is it vibrated a lot. Possibly because I was reving it instead of short shifting. This particular bike has also had a long hard race season, and in the words of its owner is a bit of an old rattler :D. I think I would chose a 570 over a 360 and a 426, though I won't be getting a new bike till the 450 and 250 4t's are out.

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
Originally posted by tm-enduro
The "power-up kit" was a Husky aftermarket kit to up the HP on 2000 and older bikes. The 2001's came with the pu kit installed from the factory.
Say...TM, how about some more info on the power-up kit. That's a new one on me:eek:

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
DirtyDave
I believe the pu kit consists of a high compression piston and a different cam. You would have to check with your Husky dealer.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom