RECENT POSTS

Husky WR360

hey
im lookin at buying a WR 360 00 model, just wondering wat the in's n out's of this bike are. repairs? maintenance? problems? and ne thing that u can think of about this bike.
ive heard a lot of good comments about this bike by people and just wondering wat u guys think.... thanks heaps

Mate do a search,there is a huge thread in this section,does the bike your looking at have the decomp head.

Fantastic machine...I also have an 05 300 exc pumpkin (KTM) which is a neat bike but really doesn't compare.. The Husky's a seriously powerful weapon where the KTM feels rather anemic in comparison. The nod goes to the 360 handling-wise as well. It just changes direction with more ease. The forks are the ONLY area where the KTM excells. A revalve of the husky helped substantially. I fitted an ohlins shock which, also results in a superior aft end to the katoom. As far as reliability is concerned, I've had to replace two shifter return springs in about a years time. Fortunately, it's a simple job, though I've inquired in here and on another board in reference to this and it appears my machine is unusual in this regard as no-one else has had this problem. As an aside...I've logged some 80 hours and over 2600 miles on my 360 - when pulling the top-end off to refresh, I noted virtually zero (well, minimal wear on the rings/piston/barrel). It's simply a GREAT bike!..Shame they're no longer in production.

Attachments

- a d v e r t i s e m e n t -

I did a search under WR360, still lot's of info posted. Should be able to answer all of your questions.
The WR360 is a great bike if you like your bike to have a lot of torque. If you like to zing the motor like a 125 or 250 the WR360 may not be for you it signs off early. That's not to say it's not powerful or fast, it's both, the engine just likes to work rather than rev. When it lays down just up shift. With 6 gears to play with you have lots of options!

fatwhitekid said:
go* F***ing d*mn it where did the wxc360 forum go.....it was like 16 pages or pre wr360 stuff
I agree! There was a lot of info in there that I had intended on referring to in the future. :bang:

I have searched for it twice,only thing I can think of is someone took offence at the last couple of I want a girlfriend posts,its a bit harsh if thats all it took to disappear.It took on a life of its own,best tread on here for ages.

fatwhitekid said:
go* F***ing d*mn it where did the wxc360 forum go.....it was like 16 pages or pre wr360 stuff
I think that's why it is gone. It got to be too big a thread. If my posts ( :coocoo: ) were an issue, I'm happy to edit. However, I cannot find them, the thread, or anything related :whoa:

The mods probably thought it was too much of an off topic type thread. However, I agree with everyone who says that it was a valuable resource.

Mods,

Can you provide that 360 thread for us to view in the archives?

Chris

Well, since my reference has disappeared...
Can any tell me the fork oil height for a '96 WXC360 and how to adjust it?
It's the only year in modern era to use the conventional fork design, so the 2000 manual is useless here.
I need to replace the seals and I have no idea how much oil I will need to put in the forks.

funny- i need to replace my seals also. Mine are the inverted ones though.
good luck with the overhaul