Husqvarna 300cc. Are two strokes making a comeback??

endurotuff

Nov 8, 2004
I've been reading recently on the net and magazines that many riders are switching back to the smokers :ride: . The following is information from www.tmxnews.co.uk, hopefully it'll keep building. I myself ride a 4t at this time. But...

"ONE of the most noteworthy points regarding Husqvarna’s two-stroke machines is the fact that the German owned Italian firm are once again taking a keen interest in the two-stroke market after several years focusing almost solely on four strokes.
Recognising, like several other European manufacturers, that demand for two-strokes is strengthening, although they’ve not introduced any 100 per cent new two-stroke models, the arrival of the WR300 expands the range to three with the WR125 in particular receiving numerous changes and upgrades."

endurotuff

Nov 8, 2004
Also came across www.motocrossdigital.com March edition and was looking at the pictures of Hell's Gates and Indoor Enduro events. It seems that the pros always rely on 2T's when they expect "hellish" events.

endurotuff

Nov 8, 2004
Great Article! Can't understand it but it must be great news!! :)

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Slowing economy, tighter wallets, (I'm a home improvement contractor and I'm certainly NOT helping the economy any) my old 2-stroke is the one and only option. This economy has been slowing down for the last 2-3 years, not just the last 6 months. I think logical and wise people will stick with what is affordable. I don't "need" a new bike OR a new car.... let em burn. Let's get back to what really matters (those we've been given to love and care for.)
We need to hunker down so we don't leave this next generation with a bunch of stinky debt and a pile of crap that they can't see how to get out from under.
I'm imbarrased by us "adults."
There ya go... be pissed or put legs to it.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Sorry for the rant.^^^
Wife and I went out (w/cocktails) and spent HOURS talking to another couple about politics... they voted for "nice."
How do you feel about the running mate?... "huh?"
What do you think of this global spreading-the-wealth?... "huh?"
How about the big 3 auto company buy-out?... blank stare.
Scary.
Once again, sorry for going off-track. I'll stop now.

Last edited:

endurotuff

Nov 8, 2004
ok! I get it! On another forum I posted how Kurt Caselli chooses to use a 2T on "real off road events" and on this month's Dirt Bike Mag Pat Garrahan tests the new KTM400 but still prefers his 300 2T.

SVandal

Jul 18, 2007
The University of Idaho is doing the same kind of thing. About halfway down it mentions them. What it doesn't mention is how close a University team that works for 6 months on a sled got to making it so a 2-stroke sled could pass emission requirements for Yellowstone.

I was on the team several years ago and they were doing some good work on the problem then. There is still hope for the 2-stroke. The downfall will be making new fuel maps for your bike!

Tom68

Oct 1, 2007
hellbertos said:
I saw this article the last night. Looks like Boyesen Engineering isn't giving up on two strokes and, in fact, has an interesting, modern approach. I hope to hear more about it in the coming months. It would be great to see a low-emission 2T w/ similar performance to current designs. Take a look...

http://www.maxsled.com/absolutenm/templates/articles_layout.aspx?articleid=1059&zoneid=17
Looks like an overly complex Exhaust valve t, Electonics will be the saviour, interestingly they chose what appears to be an '89 KX250 or '91-'94 KDX250 engine.

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
They are in my life. :laugh: been riding my YZ465 lately and it makes me seriously consider converting the CRF into a CRF500AF.I just love the easy acceleration of a big smoker.

Top Bottom