GASGAS18

Apr 25, 2002
im lookin at an 04 husky te 250. Ive read reviews on it, and seems like a great bike. If its not that much better than the ktm 250rfs then ill get the ktm. But the closest husky dealer to me is about an hr and 1/2 away. If i can get parts from dealers close by, it might not be a problem. Does anyone (who owns a husky) have problems getting parts for their bikes?

motorhead434

May 28, 2003
I've had excellent service from my local (80 miles away)dealer.The thing I like is that they are a "race" shop in that they usually have common parts on hand.My local jap "superstore" doesnt carry squat,and the spodes behind the counter dont know a muffler bearing from a power valve linkage.Kind of a bummer when you have to special order a clutch lever.Anyway,I get parts shipped to my door in one day for $8.00! Cant beat that when you factor in driving time/gas prices! If you cant obtain a needed part locally go to husqvarnausa.com under dealer locater and you have a listing,by state, of all husky dealers w/phone#s at your finger tips.I've heard my dealer is the largest in the nation,(217)789-0107 or www.halls-cycles.com.The only compaint I have is no source for radiator gaurds,havent broke mine but would buy em if i could find em.Also prices on most things have been fairly reasonable,have heard some horror stories about certain ktm parts prices.Break up the sea of orange pumpkins,buy the hoosky,I love mine!

GASGAS18

Apr 25, 2002
haha I agree with you. thanks for the response!
i currently ride a gasgas. I tried breaking up the orange fest myself. My bro and cousins ride ktms so i gota be diff.

husky sounds like a nasty bike. im gona go check one out. anyone else have any input?

gasgasman

Sponsoring Member
Feb 15, 2000
One of my riding buddies has had his TE250 for about 3 months. He said the suspension is excellent, he wishes it had 20hp more.

He was having a lot of problems keeping one of the exhaust valves adjusted. They ended up pulling the head off and sending it back to Husky.

GASGAS18

Apr 25, 2002
ahh thats not good. I hope that was just a freak flaw.

Anyways I was on the husky site, and i realized that there are 2 more dealers closer. Theres one 50 miles away, and one 25 miles away!!!!! Im happy now. 45 min away is nothing. sweeet....anyone else own a te 250? I read the reviews, but id like to know from someone whos owned one for a few months now. thanks

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I don't know about the 4-strokes,, but there is no Husky dealer anywhere near me. I get all my parts mail order from Southern Sportcycle 772-785-5920 or www.summitcycles.com both are very good at getting stuff out right away.. Still it is kind of a pain.
Personally I plan on sticking with 2-strokes for awhile yet and seeing as we have a KTM dealer here and I like the KTM 250EXC as well as I like the Husky WR250 will switch to KTM.. Actually if I were going to 4-stroke they have a never been sold KTM 400 left over I would consider.

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
Southern Sportcycle is no longer at that number. I believe they may have gone out of business.

Chris

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
I've had Huskies for the last 17 years and never really had any problems getting parts, even for the older bikes. You may have to wait for it to be shipped out to you. If your local dealer ever says they don't have it but can order it for you, then its time to shop around for your part. Do not wait for them to get it in, just locate elsewhere at another dealer. I did have a part that I had to order in from Cagiva, USA and it took over 2 months.

Top Bottom