DougM

Oct 12, 2001
1. What is the dealer support like in California

2. Are there good manuals for Husky bikes. The TE 250 is new

3. What about parts for Husqvarna bikes

4. What is resale like

I have 2001 300EXC. Starting to love it. I do like 4 strokes and am thinking of 400EXC. However my wifes TTR250 is a gas and my friends WR426F is alot of fun too (more than TTR250). I read a report on TE 250 in Australia that was done in Jan 2002. Electric Start and power like XR400. Easy to ride and weighs 238lbs dry. I know KTM is comming out with 250. Will it be electric start too.
I like my 300 but the best bike I have ever ridden was the WR426F. I want a light, electric start bike though. Pro Start is a product made by Pro-Source and it is a kit for electric starter on WR & YZF bikes. Adds weight and is $800. I can't seem to find anymore info on this. The TE250 looks like the perfect choice for woods and some hills. I'd use my 300 for desert.

Send me opinions.

Doug Moore

sparkycr250

Feb 9, 2002
There's a thread on the review of the new TE250. It seem to be an exciting new choice for the thumpers. I owned a 2000 WR360 and loved the bike but it took the local dealer 9 months to sell it. The bike was very well maintained and looked like new, we have a very strong used bike market in my area. It just seems that Husky is a real specialty item. As for parts, Huh. The parts importers can't get along with the bike importers and you pay the price. Who's to say how it is in Cal. but in Ut it's a different story

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
That Aussie test sounded too good to be true. Just in case it is, I'm getting on the list for an '03. '02s around here are long gone, and not even here yet. This will be a great choice for '03, as it will have a season of debug time on the design.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
1. It has to be better than here in Florida!! We have one dealer 300 miles away. I get all my support by phone from Summit Cycles in Missouri.
2. Shop manuals are very good, but in several languages and sometimes take a little deciphering when they accidently put non-English directions in the English sections.
3. www.summitcycles.com seems to be able to get parts no problem, but there are very few discount parts places that carry Husqvarna parts.
4. Resale is not great. That is why I just bought the 99 this year and next year when the 2003s come out I will probably look around for a left over 2002 2-stroke. I know there won't be any 4-strokes.

Last edited:

Ramski

Feb 6, 2001
I have not heard one bad word from present and past Husky owners about the bikes. The newer ones are highly underrated bikes. KTM does get a lot of attention because of better marketing. Husky's are just as good! Support is getting better by the year. Husky's are not as common here in the west, especially the two strokes. I think in part because the 2 stroke WRs have a eastern tight woods low end power motor. I would trade my KX500 for a newer 2 stroke Husky if I could find one. Seems like all the Husky riders are back east.

I think if you don't mind waiting a little longer for parts, the Huskys are good bikes. I myself am lucky if I get out once a month to ride, so waiting for parts would not be a problem. Good luck.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Never had a problem with oem parts from a good dealer. Summit has been very good and fast. I am trying a dealer in eastern oh and see how they are.
Aftermarket parts are a little harder but getting better. The only thing I've really had to replace on my 99 has been the clutch cable and two top ends, and 1 set of chain and sprockets. I'm also waiting for the 03 to come out.

DougM

Oct 12, 2001
Thanks for the replys. I may just end up getting a 2002 KTM 400EXC. I rode a 520 the other day with 16mm offset clamps and it handled the way I want a bike to handle. The TE250 and 450 seem great but resale and parts are important. I understand Summit is good.

doug

roostafish

Jul 14, 2000
In '98 I purchased a new leftover '96 WXC 125 for $2700!! I raced it 'till I got a Gas Gas in Feb '99. I sold the Husky in one day. The guy I sold it to still has it, races and rides frequently, and the thing still just humms along. He's replaced top and bottom end, linkage bearings and wheel bearings. The parts are not out of line. I have owned two Husky's, and believe they are the highest quality machine I've ever owned. Including the all reputable Honda (current ride). I really want one of those new TE's!

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I am thinking of buying the TC myself. Especially since I can buy it O.T.D and shipped directly to my home for $5,700. I didn't think that was to bad of a price. Or I could drive a couple of states over and save $200. I really like that electric start:p

husq555

Oct 24, 2001
Originally posted by Wraith
I am thinking of buying the TC myself. Especially since I can buy it O.T.D and shipped directly to my home for $5,700. I didn't think that was to bad of a price. Or I could drive a couple of states over and save $200. I really like that electric start:p

What dealer are you getting that price from? All the one's I've talked to (that haven't sold their allocations already) are talking list plus freight prep & tax...

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Just to add more to the mix. IMHO: The best handling bike I ever owned, for my style of all around riding, was a KTM 250 EXC. The best built, most dependable bike I ever had is my current Husqvarna.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Originally posted by husq555

What dealer are you getting that price from? All the one's I've talked to (that haven't sold their allocations already) are talking list plus freight prep & tax...

What price are they telling you? I got mine quoted from fastlineracing. Here is what they wrote me....

HELLO,
THE TE250 MSRP 6199.00 WE ARE DISCOUNTING THE PRICE TO $5799.00.
THE TC250 IS $200.00 LESS
THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST.
SHIPPING ON A BIKE WOULD BE ABOUT $200.00

Top Bottom