xsquiggy

Jan 6, 2002
I found a low mileage (1000), year 2000 Husqvarna TE610E dual sport for about 3 grand. The bike is in practically showroom condition. My brother and friends have KLR650's, I've had several smaller dualsports, even had a KTM 640LC4, but now I'm considering this Husky. Are they reliable,,,,and are parts easy/difficult to obtain? Please give me your opinions about this bike. Thanks, Dave.

Paul Nurmi

Apr 24, 2002
I sold my 1996 Husky 610 a couple months ago. And yes it was reliable and parts not a problem. But it did vibrate and seems that the oil need frequent changing.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Just worked on a '00 610 that needed a black box.
Husky parts supply on some items can be frustrating.
Having a good stocking dealer would make a big difference.
I had a '94 610 too that waited for 2 years for a rod kit in the bad years of husky parts and if you try a search on husky you might find out a similiar thing is in progress.
This is not a husky flame, justa FYI.

Taliesin

May 11, 2000
Parts are no problem anymore at Husky.There maybe a small shortage of some plastic parts over last few months but with the factory gearing up again there are no issues.Check with you local dealer on on the availability of a few parts you think you may need if you bought the bike.I think you will be suprised on availabilty & how reasonable the cost is.

john1216

Apr 17, 2002
If you are into big bore thumpers it is hard to make a good case against this machine! (as long as you can get parts, and it appears you can)

By all of the usual criteria we use to judge dirtbikes, this one will easily shine above the others you have mentioned.

The only problem I forsee is that you will be seeking out the nasty stuff while your buddies will be seeking refuge on the fire roads! I hope they like dust...

Jeff Sexton

~SPONSOR~
Sep 7, 2001
I don't have any experience with the TE610 but I do own an '00 TE410. These 4 stroke Huskies are the culmination of years of development and refinement that started in the early 80s when Huskies were still made in Sweden. They are old technology, but represent the highest form of the 4 stroke art that preceded the development of the Yamaha and then the Honda 4 strokes that we hear so much about today.

Both the TE410 and TE610 are "last of" models. In 2001 Husky labeled them the TE400 and the TE570. The bikes were essentially the same and the model numbers were changed to reflect the actual displacement (the "610" was always a 570 cc). Both bikes are, in my opinion, great bikes. My hangup with all Huskies is the price and availability of repair parts. Try on $350 for a piston and $85 for a set of rings for either bike and see if that doesn't cut off your circulation. The aftermarket manufacturers don't seem to be interested in making stuff for these bikes, so you really are limited to your dealer for parts. Look through your catalogs from Chapparral and Dennis Kirk and you'll see what I mean.

If you have a good dealer close that stock parts (like I do) and money is no object (it should be) then go ahead and buy the Husky. They're great bikes. One other thing you should consider before buying though is resale. If you look at the price guides, the bike you're looking at should be worth around $3900-$4200. The reason you can get it for $3000 is because there's no market for used Huskies. Most Jap dealers won't even take one on trade. Just a little insight from one whose taken the path you're now considering.

Old and slow - by design!

Top Bottom