Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
The hydraulic clutch on my TM keeps losing fluid, I can't figure out where from. I pulled the line off at the slave cylinder and nothing came out, after being filled/bled a few days earlier and NOT ridden. The slave cylinder looks ok to me, the o-rings on the piston look fine. I can't figure this out one. If the line were split somewhere shouldn't there still be fluid at the bottom of the line to leak out when the fitting is pulled off?

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
I'd be tempted to replace all the seals top and bottom and pressure test the line.

As an aside - the 04 KTMs come with a 9mm master piston which fits in the same master cylinder body as the 9.5mm. Don't know what you have but the smaller piston gives you a little more feel and a longer engagement point.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Thanks for the advice Kiwi.. Upon closer inspection the 'cylinder' walls are pretty rough, probably caused by the beat-up looking dust seal o-ring on the housing.. I'm going to pressure test the system this weekend but it looks like the scuffed bore is the culprit.

Top Bottom