eggman

Dec 14, 2004
:bang: Hi im new to this but here I go I are the proud owner of a KTM380exc which I love to ride.no 4stroke for me . but I am having a problem with the clutch hydraulics I think it has something to do with the push rod or the o ring piston in the gear box as there is no oil leaking . does any one if I should try and fix this my self or take it to the shop as the manual I got with the bike is carp .by the way the ktm labor and parts here in Australia are ridicules

TM-Frank

Dec 15, 2000
Lean the bike over to the right side and remove the slave cylinder from the engine (three ? bolts). Then use a small one of these KLICK (sorry, don't know the english word for them) to block the piston. Now pull in the lever. If the O-Ring of the piston is leaking you can see the fluid coming out. If so, remove the-I-don't-know-the-name-thing and pump the piston out by pumping on the lever.
You will not get the O-Ring seperately from KTM. They only sell the complete slave cylinder assembly. You can either look for a replacement at a hardware store or you could use the O-Ring that sits behind the front sprocket. That one is sold separetely as a KTM spare part. It not an exact replacement but it works.
Then press the piston with the new ring back into the cylinder, but be careful not to damage the new ring during this!
Then bleed the clutch. Should have been described here on DRN a dozen times, use the Search button to find it.

All in all it's not a very difficult operation.

eggman

Dec 14, 2004
thank you for yore help i will work on it to night this is a cool site better then asking my mates who think they no what there doing but dent have a clue

Top Bottom