whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
I’m thinking of upgrading to a hydraulic clutch system sometime in the future. Has anyone tried this setup on their YZ yet and how do you like it? My concern is the mounting tab at the clutch cover, and the reliability of the converter, (hydraulic to cable pull). Anyway, if you have done it and kept it or tossed it out, I’d like to hear about it. Also, do the aftermarket units have an ‘on the fly’ adjustment?
Thanks,
Dave

I'm not sure how this ended up here??? I was not looking for a comparison of products but rather performance information!!!:mad:

Last edited:

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Personally I wouldn't waste the money I heard on the yz 125 it isn't that big of deal really. You don't need an AOF hydrualics adjust automatically save your cash and just get a braided steel cable.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I don't know if this is anything you want to know or already know. But I have been riding a Gas Gas with the hydraulic clutch for the last 9 or so months. I recently bought a kx to play around on the mx track. After riding it I ask my buddies what was wrong with it's clutch. After riding the KX they said nothing, the hydraulic clutch was just that much smoother and had me spoiled.

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
I am buying the Erider unit as soon as I have the money to burn. I believe it's a very important part to have on modern jap bikes. And I race/ride woods so it would be nice to have for me.

Lee W.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Hey Lee,
I haven’t seen anything on the Erider unit, who sells them? I’m looking at Magura’s Hymec system. Should be able to do the complete conversion for around $200. Hopefully for you and I, someone will chime in here who has outfitted one of these. MXP1MP, anything to reduce the carpal syndrome of repetitive brake and clutch pull is worth the money.

Dave

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Thanks Lew,
I may just take you up on that. My motor is with Eric right now and should be home shortly.:cool: When I get it together I'll give ya a call. Some of us are thinking about renting the Kenly track for a day in March. 10 of us makes it only $25 for a whole day of practice. If you are interested, I'll keep ya posted on that as well.

Thanks,
Dave

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
Here is a link to the Erider kit. http://www.erider.ws/hyd.htm It uses a AJP master cylinder and a Hebo slave cylinder. I have heard a lot of bad things about the Magura kits, so I am going to go with the Erider kit. It's going to be a while before I get it though, i have to buy a spark arrester first...

Lee W.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The kit offered by e-rider is awesome! It blows the Magura setup out of the water as far as ease of setup, lighter pull and less prone to breakage. Look for a DRN Tested on it soon! (the little silver piece sticking out the top of the slave is the setup tool and is replaced by a rubber cap when the install is final).

Attachments

• erider kit.jpg
    erider kit.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 281

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The master & lever looks like this.

Attachments

• erider master.jpg
    erider master.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 272

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Dave on our bike '96 YZ, the cable mount is external, so setup is even easier. I really want one of these but justr don't have the bucks right now. I talked to the guy at erider and the setup he sells is also a little cheaper than the competetion. I was hooked after I rode a KTM with a hydraulic clutch and it was sweet. From what I hear, the erider unit (which is HEBO I think) is a lot better than the Magura and costs less.

PS If you get one, I never want to meet you, because if I do I might just want to take your bike for a spin and never come back! :p

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Hey Mike,
Good to hear from ya, LOL, you taking me bike, LOL, I'd just as soon KILL ya.
Hey this clutch has got me real interested. Maybe Erider would let me do an evaluation period with their unit, kinda like a beta tester, Right!;) Still waiting on the top hat, Having Eric do some extra trick stuff, thats why it is now delayed. I'll keep ya posted.

Later,
Dave

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by 96whyzee125
Hey Mike,
Good to hear from ya, LOL, you taking me bike, LOL, I'd just as soon KILL ya.
:scream: Man, I was only kidding! I hope you do get one co you can tell us what you think. Not that you will anytime soon, but if you sell that bike, I think the Hebo unit can be transferred to your new steed fairly easily with an adaptor kit.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Mike'
You can ride my YZ anytime. As much help as you have given me I'd even let you look at my Harley extra long. :p Seriously, when I get the thing together we should get together and ride.
Dave

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I even rode a Harley once. Now THAT is a story! I'll tell you whenever we get together.

Top Bottom