Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Finally healed up and heading out Saturday to put in a few laps. Should be there around 9:00ish. Look for the CR450F with #427s, or the new maroon F150 4 door with 22"s :yikes:

CLIFF

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
dude, whats happened to the ole ranger????

come on up to glen helen REM races- its the start of the summer series and they are putting in a monster hill just like on the main track!!!!

what do you mean youve been off the bike and are not ready for 15min motos?????:)

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Bclapham, If your talking about that hill shape like one from a Dr. Seuss book your a braver man than me. I stalled at the peak of that thing and had one wheel on both sides with my bashplate sitting on the hardpack. Plus I cased it on the way down. The tracks a bit sketchy on Thursdays, not prep. Shoei hill seems easier, or maybe that's just the wimp in me.

Hey did you sell your YZ yet, if not good luck. That would make such a good trail/woods - GNCC type bike with a bigger tank and a flywheel weight.

Anyway keep if safe and good luck with the summer series, maybe one day I get the nerve to enter.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Hi Ed- the hill is the one on the right hand side as you go off the start gate, it normally goes half way up, but for the series its going all the way to the top!

i am sure the track is nasty on thursday, just recently my race has been the last one of the day and its rough out there.

yes, i sold the yz on tuesday- i was lucky to get $2700- you cant give two smokers away these days.

as for racing REM, just come out- its a no pressure environment and its all about fun.

PS- the summer series starts July 10th, just regular racing this weekend, no REM next week since they are using the track for the 12hr race i think

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Bruce, Congrats on selling the YZ it looked like a nice one. Racing sounds good, maybe I'll give it a go this summer. The hill I don't like is in the back, it a real "A" peak type hill and I have to roll over it slow or it gets the best of me. I'd assume they use that one in the races. Could be that I'm still getting my bike legs back after my knee injury. I start physical therapy in July, so maybe racing later summer would be doable.

ed

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
LOL- on that hill you need to be 4th pinned, drop it into 3rd at the top, turn the front wheel in, scrub some speed, scrape the peg over the top, land at the bottom of the hill and pin it!

or you could just roll it like me also!

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Hey Bruce,

Got rid of the ol' Ranger (should've kept it darn it :bang: ), anyhow, bought the wifey a fully loaded F-150 Crew Cab. Just a bit nicer than the 89 Ranger.........

I'll keep in touch and try to hit a REM Saturday sometime soon. Still need to get a few rides in before I push at all.

Talked to a buddy and we've commited to go to Chaulpa. He tried last week and REALLY liked it, so we're going hit again soon. Gotta carpool to try to save on the 300 mile round trip !

We'll chat soon..........

CLIFF

Top Bottom