LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
see below !!! :flame:

Last edited:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Gotta love the state licensing system – I moved to Texas from Indiana just over two years ago, had them reissue/transfer my car license in Texas, the only thing is the buggers forgot/failed to transfer my motorcycle license. This I discovered yesterday, and promptly phoned them to find out what’s the buzz. “No problem, just come in, fill in the forms, and we will check the Indiana DMV records” – well I get in there and they tell me my Indiana license has expired, a license which was issued new in June 2000, and I will have to take the written test as well as the road test again. Lovely – and I have been riding these Texas roads for two years without a license.

Bureaucracy is such a pain in the :moon:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Damn the illegals ;)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I feel like Joe Schmoe   “What the heck is going on ..?!”

I had to do the written test today, and afterwards asked them about a permit. This is where Texas law gets really strange. If they issue me with a permit, which costs $15, I have to ride with a licensed motorcyclist at all times until I get my license. ‘Say What !’ – add to this, when I do the road test, I have to take someone in a car to the test, so they can drive the inspector along behind me. ‘Double what’. I then asked them how do I get my bike to the test, and they said it wasn’t their concern.

So in order to be legal, not only do I have to purchase the $15 permit, I have to have a licensed rider on a bike follow me there, as well as have a licensed driver in a car follow me as well.

I wonder if there is anything else they can do to make this more complicated.

In Indiana I got e temporary permit which allowed me to ride for 30 days by myself, which gave me time to do the road test, no car no extra driver. We met at the testing grounds, and did the test. Simple and uncomplicated.

Here, I just don’t know :think:

Damn Damn Damn :ugg:

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Or, you can have a licensed MC rider ride your bike there, while you drive your car (or transport your bike in a truck and have a MCist ride with you). Mississippi is similar. If you only have a MC permit, you must have a licensed motorcyclist with you (can be on a different bike) at all times. In Florida, if you have a permit, you can ride alone. You can even drive your bike to the testing center in order to take the driving portion. (Seems to me, if you can successfully ride your bike to the DMV, you shouldn't need to take a riding portion!)

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
here in Nebraska I got my MC when i turned 16 along with my Drivers. I rode the bike there and did it at the same time, Also here in NE (or when I did it things may have changed by now) your leaners at 14 was legal to ride a MC with car or cyclist following. I think now though you have to log so many hours driveing and or rideing before you get your full blown licence. But I am glad things were simpler in the "olden days"

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
AAAHHH YES the good old days. I got my learners permit in May then on my birthday in August went in to get my car drivers license. As soon as I passed that test I took the written test to get my MC learners permit- drove the car home and drove right back on the bike. Took the skills test in the parking lot of the DMV and left with my MC endorsement. :yeehaw: In the meanwhile my dad just saidd to the inspector that he would like to get a MC license also- when the inspector asked if he drove a MC my dad said yes (lie) and they just issued him the license

Now my son is taking the license classes. He has to have 30 hours of classroom after which he can get his learners permit the day he turns 15yr 6 mos. Then he has to have 15 hours of behind the wheel instruction by a certified instructor. Next after 6 months of learners permit driving (always with a licensed driver over 18) he can take the road test. If he passes this then it is 6 months of driving with only 1 non family member passenger allowed during specified hours.
Once all this is done he can start the process all over for a MC DL.
AAAHHH FOR the GOOD OLD DAYS again :cool:

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
Dave, when I got my MC license it was quite easy. I took a MSF class through LTC technical college. Once I had proof of enrollment the DMV let me take the written test and gave me a learners permit. I could do anything but ride at night or with an unlicensed rider. Many months later it was finally class time. Friday night class; saturday 1/2 day class, 1/2 day "riding" around the parking lot; sunday the driving test in the parking lot. By passing the MSF class the DMV's road test is waived :yeehaw: I believe you can start the process once you reach 15 1/2

hehe doesn't that mumbo jumbo graduated licensing junk suck. When I went for my road test the guy was looking over that stupid temps driving hours log I had to keep. He questioned why there were so many lengthy driving periods...."oh ya, I was driving my dad's truck with the 28' enclosed trailer to the races" :laugh: his look was priceleass

eldrm

~SPONSOR~
Nov 3, 2000
i'm in ct,on the ny line,it certainly can't be that much work to get a license here after seeing some of the stunt drivers i deal with on a daily basis!

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
In NY you take Drivers Ed, then Permit, wait 6 months, then 5 hour pre-liscening course, then Road test, and then and only then after all that you get to do the same thing over for a motorcycle, mabye not drivers ed but basically the saem thing. And i think you may even have to wait until your 17 to get your night liscence before your Motorclyce permit. Most kids in upstate Ny can drive at 12. Actually my freind Jason hopped in a school bus at age 7 or 8, in 2nd grade and drove it like 30 some odd miles up a mountian before stopping at a bar and asking directions. He also enjoys bomb threats and car, dirt bike, ATV, and truck thefts now. He has a record about 2 miles long i think. And hes out AGAIN.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I go Friday morning for the road test.

What I really love about these guys, is that It's my fault, that I did not pick up their mistake, so they can't help me now. Mo-fo's

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
I paid 10 bucks and the yjust put a lil M on my license under endorsements.

Now you gotta do a ride along. I was lucky. :)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Milk,
Are ride-alongs anything like reach-arounds?

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Well, Friday I got my license - yippy ki yay - :)

I'm so friggin, happy I could cry :p (green day !)

Last edited:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Every joke can have its truth and now the joke's on you.
I never knew you were such a funny guy. 

funny haha, or funny perculiar :moon:

glad you caught the sarcasm :) - love that green day stuff dayum (I'm an old punk rocker at heart !)

And to think I got my first license 21 years ago, then my second license 19 years ago, and my third license 3 years ago, and my fourth license 2 weeks ago ... oh yeah, all motorcycle licenses !!!!! :eek:

I think i'll go close my door now, and listen to the Ramones, the clash, and some mo green day .... I want to be the minority - I don¹t need your authority - Down with the moral majority `cause I want to be the minority :aj:

BTW, I just hate rap-tor-rye-dohs :flame:

Last edited:
Top Bottom