wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
It appears that I will be unable to attend DIRT WEEK '01 :(

I competed in the Long Cane Enduro (my first) last Sunday. While having a decent run, my clutch started to slip. After a few more miles it began to slip everytime hard throttle was applied. I nursed it along,(knowing that I had a spare clutch set) trying to get back to the pit/fuel area.

Well, long story short.... I replaced the clutch in time to rejoin the race ... no dice! Something internal had failed, preventing the pressure plate from being applied. It is probably just the actuator rod, but I have been too busy this past week to get a chance to work on my bike. I am going to try today. If it is just something simple , I will still try to make it to Casey by friday.

I hope everyone has a great time. I will be there in SPIRIT.

wrench
'00 TRUESPODE

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
The truespode of 00 not there

Come up anyways. From what I hear the 'Wrench moto' is something to behold. I am sure there will be plenty there for you to ride. Besides after the spring you had you need to be there;)
(I know I won't be riding all day long and I have a few zipties holding my bike together)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Wrench,
Come and put some saddle time on the Mamba. I've been looking forward to meeting you. I have a good feeling that it is something simple. :p

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Hurry wrench!!! It wont be the same without ya!

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Heck, with the arsenal of tools, peoples, beers, and pure determinations, (maybe a clymer manual thrown in for good luck) we could probably split the cases, fix 'er up with a bit of JB weld or equivalent, and have her running in about 34.7 minutes!

I know there are a few maintenance items on my bike I will put off until Dirtweek...I'm not in good enough shape to ride all day anyway!!! (far from it, way far)

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Wrench, you NEED to be there it won't be the same without you! Ziptie it or use bubble gum to hold that clutch together, just be there OK! :)

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Hey wrench I hear there's gonna be 3 of those 500's just settin there. Tell AJ you want to test ride one. For 4 days;) . You could go get Ivans bike. Just tell him your gonna blow the carbon out of it for him:p .

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
I for one am bummed bit I cant rag you too bad since I had to bow out on the Suthern Spodefest. You will be missed my friend.

That means there will be no repeat KING SPODE .. I have a cnance now .. Hell BSWIFT wins everything anyways.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Wrench ya' GOTA make it. I am sure there will be a few bikes for ya' to borrow.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
yep, show up and ride my 426, you'll be doing me a favor, i am convinced there is some direct relation to the time i spend on my bike and the amount of money i will have to spend on my bike when i'm finished, just to get it back up to speed. RxtxS/3=$x(b+R) R=RICHIE(me) T=time spent riding S/3= speed cubed = $ =amount of money on parts x (b+R) = amount of beer i consume while attempting these repairs. any way, i'm gonna be hiding underneath my truck when it's moto x time,:eek:

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
OK ... I am working on a plan to get my but up there ... though, I may still be bikeless. Gomer said something about needing a Hood ornament to help with "yaw" control on the big Gomer-Mobile!

I'll keep my fingers crossed, it would sure be a shame to waste that "free Dirt Week" prize that I won!!!

Top Bottom