I am stuck...burning antifreeze?

ckassen

Jun 26, 2007
Here is the deal. I have a 00RM250. I start the bike up and it smokes like crazy. The antifreeze is a dark color. At first i thought it was the inner head o-ring, well i replaced that and fired the bike up and it is still happening...I am thinking the lower head gasket but idk, i just put a new one in with the new top end not too long ago so i am thinking of something els. Where is my problem? I am afraid that it is leaking somewhere else. I cant put a finger on it. Is it possible to be leaking somewhere in the bottom end?

Unfortunately I have a 00, so the water pump is located between the cases, not on the inner clutch cover(for some dumb ass reason)..I could kill the man that designed this...

I also have some white smoke coming out of a black hose that is coming out of some kind of cylinder/electric looking thing above the head. It also has a black hose that goes to it from the...exaust valve? It only smokes when i blip the throttle...Is it related i have no idea...

Thanks,
Chris

GarbatyA4

Sep 4, 2008
wow... slow down lol

Ok, burning smoke. Anti-freeze smells kinda sweet and burns white.

Either the gasket isn't sealing up top or you havce a leak from your coolant pocket into your engine.

Or sounds like u have a rad hose leak on top of your motor and its burning off?

:think:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Your premix burning engine is turning into a steam engine. I do not believe I would be concerned about the idiot that put the impeller between the cases, unless you are getting anti-freeze in the trans. Does the system seem to be circulating, with the cap off? It sounds like it is in the combustion chamber. How do you replace 1 o-ring? And yes, the base gasket could be the problem also. But the main thing is them o-rings are not reusable.

ckassen

Jun 26, 2007
The only reason I only got one o-ring is because I know the outer one is still good(i know im cheap), otherwise I would have coolant leaking out of the head.

Yes the coolant is circulating....

And unfortunately, last time I changed the oil, it was a little milky....I was hoping I could get a few more rides out of the bottom end, but I guess I was wrong....

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
A combustion chamber and a trans coolant leak, perfect! 00, has all the bearings and seals been changed yet? Impeller also. How is the crank? Think it would be worth changing while the bottom end is apart? 400 to 500 in parts?

ckassen

Jun 26, 2007
The crank seals have gone out and have been replaced...What is really bugging me is that the crank/tranny is really tight, no play in crank, or slop in connecting rod...And the stupid water pump(out of all things) is what is causing the problem...I am not sure if the bottom end has ever been rebuilt or not...I really like the bike and now that i got the eric gorr port and 265 kit, it will really move...but shoot, I could sell this one and with the extra 500 bucks buy a 02+....Of course I would have to say that this one is fine....):

ckassen

Jun 26, 2007
I am probably going to fix it, just because I like the bike...i KNOW the oil is milky but am only 70% certain the water is getting into the combustion chamber, is there any way to be 100% certain..The only reason I say this is because i had my brother mix my last container of gas and although he has done it before, he somewhat acted like he might have put too much oil in it..I just cant seem to remember the exact time that the bike started to smoke ALOT...

Top Bottom