I am tired of people who post threads with inadequate info in the title.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I'm gonna bitch...because I can. :p I can't stand scrolling through threads and seeing titles like "Can you help me?" or "Need help with parts" or "Can't find one". Why do I hate those threads? Well, I'll tell ya why. I hate having to take the extra time to actually click on the links only to find out that someone needs help because their dog pooped on the rug again or that they can't find a 8mm sheet metal screw for their gas range. It's a hassle to read a title and have no idea what so ever about what the person could possibly be asking. Lastly, "Check this out" seems to be the perfect title to a thread where-in the user has posted a link to pics of their '83 S-10 pickup with a flame paint job. :bang:

Now I've used "made up" examples to protect the innocent. No need to mention names because I'm sure all you wankers reading this know who you are. So I'll ask nicely. Please stop being so gd lazy and put some worth while and helpful info in the title of your posts. It sure is alot nicer to know upfront if a post is going to be a waste of ASCII [1]. :p :bang:

[1] As mentioned by RIch Rohrich on numerous occassions.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Oh yeah one more thing. Gas 'er up Pred. I need a ride. :laugh:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
michigan said:
Apparently you have the time to waste!

Let it out Greenie, let it out. :coocoo:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Check it out!

Flame job on my TRUCK. :cool:

Attachments

• baked goods.jpg
    baked goods.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 86

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
You know what I like? Most of the other sites I visit have this feature where you can place your mouse "pointer" over the title of the thread and see the first three lines or so of the thread. Saves lots of time. It's a helpful feature for a site that has hundreds of posts every day and allows the user to sift through the crap to get to the stuff he's interested in.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
:blah: <-- Greenie

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Patman said:
:blah: <-- Greenie

:laugh: That "smiley" is awesome!!!

I know what you mean though Greenhorn.
There are some topics I am tired of reading about over and over. Certain questions being asked. I'm not mentioning them b/c I will have a lot of people very upset with me...I already piss off enough customers at work, don't need to make anymore enemies! ;)

Is this where I am supposed to post a pic of my '98 Explorer w/it's newly dented bumper? :laugh: With a topic like...hmm...How do I? Then ask how to fix something on my bike and then post a pic of my bumper? :boss:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
jboomer said:
You know what I like? Most of the other sites I visit have this feature where you can place your mouse "pointer" over the title of the thread and see the first three lines or so of the thread. Saves lots of time. It's a helpful feature for a site that has hundreds of posts every day and allows the user to sift through the crap to get to the stuff he's interested in.

You mean like it does now?
I turned it off, drives me crazy... little boxes popping-up, but hey, it may help with GreenHorn's pain :)

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
sounds like somebody has a fussy mangina...all cranky and whatnot :laugh:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Okiewan said:
hey, it may help with GreenHorn's pain :)

That does ease the swelling "mangina" just a little. :) Thank you o' kind 'Wan. :cool:

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Okiewan said:
You mean like it does now?
I turned it off, drives me crazy... little boxes popping-up, but hey, it may help with GreenHorn's pain :)

Exactly like that! But if no one else likes it then by all means go with the majority. Thanks!

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Greenie sounded like the owner of a FUSSY one.

As far as yours being FUZZY, well I guess keeping those things shaved daily could be rather tedious...go Brazilian wax I say :yikes:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
crazy_man said:
oops im a little guilty but ill quit

Nah, you're alright. I did a search on your posts and you're good. :cool: My beef is with the others that have yet to step forward. :laugh:

Top Bottom