JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
It's all about what you want to do with your bike FC. If your going to huck yourself off 15' drops and 20' doubles like speedy suggests, then flat pedals are the only way to go. If you just want to pedal around the neighborhood for fun, or go to the coffee shop then flats are probably going to be fine. If you want to learn to pedal and really work on fitness and strength building, then skip the cages and move directly to the clipless pedals and shoes. Climbing is infinitely better with clipless.

Cages do effect knees, as KX mentioned and also build bad habits that are hard to break when moving over to clipless. In my experience, people with no "cage" experience learn clipless faster than those with "cage" experience.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I learned to use the clipless faster and with minimal problem it`s all in which one ou buy and how you set them up. Toeclips on the other hand I could never get used to the fact that my feet were strapped to the bike. To say the least they made for some down right scary rides.

Steve

KDinaX200

Jul 15, 2002
I have never tried the clipless pedals. I make do with the regular pedals and I have a blast. I guess if I tried clipless, I might never go back.

We have some awesome trails within 10 minutes of the house. I ride with Jeff, Monkeybutt, and his roommate. We try to get a few hours in per week.

We actually played on the Verde Valley Motorplex motocross track after the last race was over. The whoops are pretty fun on a mountain bike too! ;)

Top Bottom