I can't believe it, new cell= bad luck

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Well, I've had my 2000 Rm250 since early August now, and have ridden it almost every day. I have ridden it everywhere, in every weather condition, acted like a complete idiot airhead on it, and had a lot of close calls. But I never crashed it. I've drag raced it, doubled on it, gone mudding on it, done small jumps on it, cat walked out of control on it, everything but crashed it.

Just yesterday I finally got a cell phone. Nice, shiny, brand new Motorola camera phone. I figured it out, got it all set up and personalized just the way I like it. Wow, first phone for me, and a nice one at that, I am very proud of it.

Today; I go over to my cousin's place for a day of biking with him. He has an entire mountain of amazing trails of all different types right out his back door (literally, no road riding required), days worth of riding to explore all of them, just amazing. And not only that, his Dad ( my uncle) owns and runs a huge gravel pit up there, that we can ride in all we want.
So, I get all decked out in my biking gear. And into my pockets I put, my knife, some painkillers, a handfull of tiolet paper (ya never know), some money, and of course my lovely new cell phone. I will remind you, as of now, I have never wiped out on that bike.
To make a long story a little shorter, I came around a corner, and right on front of me was this soaking wet , 3 inch thick cedar tree diagonially across the trail dead in front of me.Before I knew it my bike was no longer directly underneath me, but the bars had turned, pinching my leg to the rad shroud, while the rest of me went flying over the bars, so I skidded down the trail a small ways, half under, and kinda half over/in front of my bike. Eventually I was kinda flung free. Of course, the bars had slammed into me, and pinched me directly where my cell phone was, and then It had skidded along between the ground, and me (entangled with my bike). Why did I have to wipe out on that side? Why did I have to land and skid directly on my phone? Why did the bars have to hit and pinch it against my leg?
Then there was the second wipeout: in the pit. To sum it up, I was acting like a jacka$$ and I had it coming.I was driving like a spaz, and I went to do a nice donut in front of my cousin, maybe hit him with a few rocks. I went screaming up to him, leaned it over, and was doing a really impressive one, until I caught traction........and the bike went shooting out and sideways from underneath me. I don't know how I managed it, but I landed face first, arms spread out like a retarted starfish, but twisted my lower back/hips to the left, just enough to land, directly on my phone yet AGIAN! And of course, I did this directly in front of my cousin, and with all of the guys working in the pit also watching me. It was almost a perfect cartoon style faceplant, they still won't stop harassing me about it.

Anyways, surprisingly my phone still works!!! I landed on it HARD twice, and skidded it down the trail underneath me, but it is still in perfect condition. I am so relieved. But what bad luck, I have never crashed that bike, and the second I get on it with a new cell...... :| :think:

My bike didn't sustain anything more than some nasty scratches, bent forks and ripped grips. Nothing serious. I have a little more damage, wrenched my back and shoulder really bad, did something to my neck, cuz it's hurting too, along with my wrist (which is snappping and popping and stiff and painful when I move it) and my left hand, which is also a little stiff and sore. I am not looking forward to tomorrow moring :uh:

But through it all I had fun, and my phone's thankfully ok, whew. Thanks for listening (reading) everybody, just needed to vent a little. :pissed:

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Thats Funny, I don't care who you are! Showing off will get you on the ground everytime. (least it does me)

Face plant! :rotfl:

Top Bottom