Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I went to the dark side that is. 2006 WR 250F. But after getting it set up for Hare Scrambles, and taking it for a ride. I believe this little blue thumper is going to make a good weapon. I just couldn't believe how much crap I yanked off, there must have been 10-15 lbs of weight on there in parts. I hated to take the computer off, but I didn't need it, and didn't want to risk the chance of busting it up during a HS.
I now know why every rider on the circuit has switched to a thumper :) I can now ride faster, longer, and my wheelies have improved :nener: And this magic button, I don't know why in the hell I didn't go this route long ago. As long as you have a 250F, you don't notice the weight. And as far as I'm concerned, that is all I need in the woods, especially when it gets tight.
Well, thought I would just brag about my new scooter. Since it's my first 4-banger and all. This is going to be a good season.

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
Yeh, I can't believe the 250F's either......the're legal against 125's, unbelievable, they are night and day.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
I just bought an 02 426 as my first 4T MX'er. I haven't had a chance to ride it yet so I'm looking forward to it and kinda dreadin it on an MX track because of the backoff. It'll take some getting used to but I'm sure I'll love it. I used to have a TT600 years ago and loved the instant power but NO WAY I'd take that on a MX track! :ohmy: Hey Wraith, I thought you were more of an MX'er rather than woods rider?

Wraith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Yes you are right, I was mostly a Motocross dweller. But, I kind of got converted into a woods rider. After careful consideration and doing several studies. I came to the conclusion the track and my bones didn't agree on many occasions :|
Plus, the fact that I live about six miles from a riding area with approximately a hundred miles of trails doesn't hurt.
Reesknight, how is the back doing now? Are you going to ride the tracks or woods? Mabey both?
The Hillbilly GPs are getting ready to come to a end, but the Mo State Hare Scrambles Series is already kicked off. The Sedalia race is March 12, I had to miss the first one round but plan on hitting the rest.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
The back is still pretty bad, :( but I wanted to get my son into it so I had to get one to ride with him. :p Got the wife one too so probably do the family thing with a little MX and a little trail too. Maybe later this spring or summer we can hook up and you can show me around Chadwick. I'm gonna have to get in ALOT better shape tho :think: I know what you mean about bones and MX, but I have a hard time stayin away. :coocoo: There's no way I could do any kind of racing tho. That WR should be sweet in the woods! :cool:

Wraith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Sounds like a good plan, getting the whole family involved. Although I try to leave the wife at home as much as possible, but she's pretty glad to see me go. Since she is usually helping me pack my gear.
Drop me a PM anytime about getting hooked up for Chadwick I go there all the time, since I'm about 6 miles from it ya know.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Craig,
Congrads on the new ride!

You guys should come hit practice at River Valley on March 25.

Wraith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Where is River Valley at? I've heard of River Ridge before. I'm guessing that is not the same place?
I wish I could get down there to ride, but I have to be in Westphalia Mo on the 26th. More than likely, I'll be getting everything ready that day.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Wraith said:
Where is River Valley at? I've heard of River Ridge before. I'm guessing that is not the same place?
I wish I could get down there to ride, but I have to be in Westphalia Mo on the 26th. More than likely, I'll be getting everything ready that day.

The track is west of Siloam Springs AR across the state line into OK. Its about an hour away for me.

Here is the tracks web site. www.rivervalleymx.com

Top Bottom