I Can't Find It!!!!!!!

joe28kdx

Sep 28, 2001
I poured through all the bike mag. I have @ the house. I swear I read it!
There was a company you could send your used pipe to and they coat it. I don't think it was chrome or Nickel but something like that.
I have 2 Dynoport pipes that need a coating, the rust looks nasty. :(
Anyone seem this add? Know of a company that does it??
It had to be in "Dirt Bike" or "Dirt Rider" or "Trail Rider" I don't believe it was in AMA. It was resent add, but it's vanished.
HELP!!!
Thanks,
Joe

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Page 88 in the Nov. issue of DB, Pcific Crest Pipe Repair , for $40.00, they offer one day turn around and are reccomended by Pro Circut and FMF.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

kx_693

Jul 2, 2002
i also have dyno port pipes, u can get the rust off by using a lil elbow grease and a scotch bright pad, or u can get some rv cleaner its an acid, spry it on scrub with a brsh u dont care about and rinse off, they look brand new

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Hold the phone!!!

Pacific Crest (just down the road from me) will straighten out your pipe for $40, but that isn't a coating process.

I had a couple of minor dings in my -35..but the problem was S/A alignment, mounting tabs banging on my gas tank and cylinder/pipe joint leakage.

Done in one day. Carried it in, carried it out. It fits MUCH better!!!

..but it wasn't coated with anything.

joe28kdx

Sep 28, 2001
Yep, I saw the add for the pipe fixer dude. I've got one that has to go see him.
I run a green stratch pad over mine when I wash the scoot, then WD-40, but over time they aways get that brown tint to it.
I should have had then nickel plate it, but I bent the first one and like had 3 days to get the second in, so he made it up and shipped it to me. Nice Guy!!!!!! Thanks Guys, DynoPort's aces in my book!
Nope this was an add for plating I swear it was on the right upper section of the mag. I look again for the umgh teen time.
Thanks
Joe ;)

joe28kdx

Sep 28, 2001
I looked through the mags again last night and came across it.!!!
page 126 of Nov issue of "Dirt Rider".
HPC out of OK.
1-800-456-472 check them out at www.HPCoating.com
I haven't been to the web site yet so I don't know anymore than what they told me on the phone.
I have the address at home if anyone needs it.
It's a almn. cermanic coating that's supposed to keep pipes cooler, reduce fatigue, (although mine never suffer from that, just close encounters with the earth!), which is supposed to create more power.
The cost is $65.00 for a 2 stroke pipe.
I have a newer pipe on my scoot that's the test pipe. I have a pipe that is twisted and bent that has to be repaired. I think I'll just send that out, (although I usaully fix my own, but this needs expensive care!)
The idea sound good, it's not supposed to rust like nickel or chrome so.....
Joe

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by canyncarvr
Hold the phone!!!

Pacific Crest (just down the road from me) will straighten out your pipe for $40, but that isn't a coating process.

Whoops! My bad guys, good catch big guy :thumb:

Thanks,

joe28kdx

Sep 28, 2001
I called Dyno Port yesterday.
In Dec. they're going to start cermanic coating their pipes for $100.00. You can send you pipe back and it'll get coated.
Hmmmmm, what to do now????
Joe

B

Jun 29, 2000
I know this sounds a bit blunt but my pipe was getting pretty rusty so I had it galvanized. Its a bit heavier now but really strong. Its had a couple of direct hits and in its original state would have dumped by now. Its really cheap as well.

B

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…