I did a race today that required NO internal combustion engine.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I know I must be sick. I should see my doctor :coocoo:

I ran......yes RAN a 5k run today. The Old Kent River Run in Grand Rapids. It was my 1st time doing something like this. It was fun :cool:

I have come to realize that I do not have the body structure to be a good fast runner. But thats part of the fun. To try and improve

There were 14,000 runners there. 4,867 of them were the 5k. I came in around 3,107th with a time of 31.34. Not great but definately not the slowest either (the winner had a time of 14.37...holly cow) :think:

So next time I get the brite idea of going out running will someone please stick a 2-stroke pipe in my face and give me a lung full of Klotz to set me straight :laugh:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Congrats! I am sure Mr. Marathon will chime in to...(Badgerman).

Years ago, I used to do 3 or 4 10ks each year - loved it! Then my knees and back decided they didnt! I started running because I have exercise induced Asthma - and when I told a doc my primary time I had trouble was when I ran etc. he said "dont run". About 4 months later, I did my first 10k.

When you are done with that pipe full of Klotz, pass it my way...

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
KTM Mike said:
Congrats! I am sure Mr. Marathon will chime in to...(Badgerman).

Years ago, I used to do 3 or 4 10ks each year - loved it! Then my knees and back decided they didnt! I started running because I have exercise induced Asthma - and when I told a doc my primary time I had trouble was when I ran etc. he said "dont run". About 4 months later, I did my first 10k.

When you are done with that pipe full of Klotz, pass it my way...

Puff Puff give :rotfl:

Funny you should mention the 10k's cause I am already thinking of them. The 5k was too easy.

May 10, 2007
yea running is fun (more of less)

my dad runs marathons (and has qualified for boston many times)

i have started running lately too. if you have nothing to do and get in the right mood it can be fun but if you are in a bad mood then well its not fun.

what i think makes running fun though is you dont have to be fast you just wanna improve your PR

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Dog gone it Don, I was gonna get on MTR and do a big write up about your run today.. I ended up getting over run with business (its Saturday, sunny and BIKES are movin like hot cakes) and never got a "round tuit"..
ANyway, glad you made it over there and did it big guy!! Hey, at least you finished - they would have had to stretcher me out hahahahah You make this ol timer PROUD!! Also, nice visiting with you folks last night!
Woodsy

duckboy

Jan 9, 2005
Wow, that's really impressive there Don :cool: . I know if I did that I'd feel paralyzed the next day.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
YZMAN400 said:
There were 14,000 runners there.

Wow, I can't believe we did not run into each other! :coocoo: :)

Yeah, Sweeprider (a.k.a. Wifey) and I both ran the 25K race. You must have seen me, I had a red shirt on. It was a picture perfect day. The race has a reputation for getting rained on so this one was out of the ordinary.

That's so great that you ran. I ran a mile for the first time when I was almost 30. I started running as a way to get in better shape for enduro riding. I ended up getting hooked on the running and then got my wife into it a few years ago. It's a very social sport........join a corporate challenge team and/or a training club. You'll have a ball AND your riding will improve too, as a result. Congratulations! :cool:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
The guy with the red shirt.....Ohhhhh that was you........Yea right :)

Yea Ill definately be doing more of these. I have already maped out a few on the west side that dont interfere with my riding and kids racing schedule. Im hooked now. 10k here I come.

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
congrats man thats great, i wish i could i just dont have the time now with the littlen comming and all its good to see ya had fun to at it

this is not going to be good for me at drummon. im outa shape and don is in shape ohh the level of torcher is going to rise i tell you.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Godzuki said:
this is not going to be good for me at drummon. im outa shape and don is in shape ohh the level of torcher is going to rise i tell you.

Oh I got that all figured out already buddy boy. Im gonna let you lead us around the island....You do know your way around the island dont you???? And of course no maps, GPS's, or compas's will be allowed. That should up the ante a little dont ya think :yikes:

Of course Ill gently guide you in your decision making...."Hey Don do you think I should go this way or that way???"...."(me) Oh atta way looks kinda nice" ....... I figure 2-3x of that and you will quit asking me for directions :laugh:

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
hahaha yea what ever me lead the way ive only been there once hehehe. if i remember correctly you used a map last time, because i remember every time you and hubby started giggling while pointing at the map something bad was comming up the trail :yikes: . ofcourse it was easy to gauge just how bad by

1. if the both of you stayed at the front it was going to be good enough you wanted to see what the other guy was going to do.

2. if one of you dropped to the back to make sure everybody makes it through then something very bad was comming up.

3. if you pointed down the trail and said you go ahead then hold on to your arse because theres one mutha of a tricky section comming up and you 2 wanted to see how the rest of us would do.

4. if you all sprinted off and tried to leave the rest of us back down the trail well ill just say this that as i came around the corner i see 4 guys running all over this rocky hill back and forth trying to block all the easy ways up it with sticks and more rocks so that the rest of us have to take the most difficult way up it :) now thats just plain funny right there.

nope im happy to follow and this time i will do just that follow right down the very track you went. i learned my lesson by trying to take the easy way around all those giant truck ruts and covering my self in cold grey clay. :bang: nope im staying right behind you. :nener: lead they way lead the way, maybe after a few more times ill beable to remember the goat paths. :laugh:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Godzuki said:
hahaha yea what ever me lead the way ive only been there once hehehe

Yea I know...thats the point :)

Godzuki said:
nope im happy to follow and this time i will do just that follow right down the very track you went. i learned my lesson by trying to take the easy way around all those giant truck ruts and covering my self in cold grey clay. nope im staying right behind you lead they way lead the way, maybe after a few more times ill beable to remember the goat paths.

Carefull that could be your downfall. Remember I take great pleasure out of figuring out peoples riding habits in the woods and figuring out ways to exploit them :yikes:

I just may lead you down the path of destruction :nod:

:laugh:

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
I veiw this as a "scouting mission". Pity the poor bastids that head to the island for SIX DAYS. :rotfl:
I hope to catch the last feery over on Thures.Jr. and myself will probobly ride the island Friday. We"ll be sure to take notes for Sat.
This will be my fourth trip. A few more and I should graduate from "Newb" status. :yeehaw:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
SNDMN2 said:
I veiw this as a "scouting mission". Pity the poor bastids that head to the island for SIX DAYS. :rotfl:

I think we should make Turtle Creek manditory for this years 6days :yikes:

Shove em right in there fresh off the Ferry to "get there feet wet" :)

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
I would'nt mind hitting Turtle Ridge Friday. I dought it though. They have that Jeep Jambouree thing going on the same weekend.

Top Bottom