Jman271

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
I finally got my dream bike, an 03 125sx. I have already started adding some small goodies. I will post a ride report as soon as the snow melts, maybe around June? I will tell ya this, I took off the stock reed cage to put on a V-Force, there is alot of slag in there, and the jug base hangs over the cylinder cases, by at least 1mm. Very tempting to go in there and grind some metal, but for now, I will just see how it runs first. If any of you are thinking about a 125sx, all I can say is it is one sweet bike. If you are used to riding Jap bikes, it is hard to even fathom riding something else, but let me tell you, they make one sweet bike for the buck. If you do the math, it is worth it too,,,,,
Little top end and clutch maintenance
Excell rims
awsome tires
Gold Regina chain and aluminum sprockets
Cauli-flower rotors
SS brake lines
Hydro clutch w/ SS lines
Carbon fiber reeds
Twin air filter, (KTM style)
Gripper seat
NGKBR9EVX plug
powder coated frame and colored hubs
Frame guards
Plated pipe and sleek silencer
Renthal Fat bars w/ adj clamp
Vertex top end
Polished swing arm and sub-frame, the list is endless. Oh yeah and it has monster power. The susp seems stiff as does the seat foam, actually a brick or steel plate would be softer. I am calling a few places to see if anyone has a soft foam in stock.

Roost165

Nov 18, 2002
Yeah dude I bought my 03 RM125 it is damn sweet. I don't know where they get the idea that it has no power compared to the 250f. I've ridden the 03 YZ250F and my bike beats it hands down in handling and power. The F seems to have better suspension in the rear but thats about all it has on the ZOOK. New bikes rule huh man.

chadapotamus

Dec 4, 2002
dude, you may think that the seat foam is too hard now, but give it a chance. I thought the same thing when I got my 125SX but now I love it. I felt my friend's Kawi after being on my KTM for like 3 months and it feel like he has a damn couch on the thing. Just give it chance, you will like it! And if not, you can always just get softer seat foam later.

grunk250r

Nov 16, 1999
I put an EXC tank on my 03'125SX, and had the suspension done for enduro/h.s., and LOVE the bike...it's SO damn light/flickable/FUN and it's well built too!!

iridesx164

Jun 14, 2002
i made the switch from a a yz to a 125 sx and its great, yeah the seat is hard, but liveable. Watch those pins on the rear caliper. They come out easy. Ive bought hand gaurds, but only wish i had the money to mod it up before i even ride it!!! o well. Tear it up!

Top Bottom