Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
woo hooo :) i went up there today with 5 guys from our moto club. we went counter clock wise the first time and clockwise the second time. the first time we did not run into anybody at all almost nill for dust ground seemed nice and loamy kinda damp under the top 1/8 inch or so.

ooohh and this was the very first time for me since i got the yz426 that i was the only thumper in the group, 1 rm250, 1cr250, 1 ktmexc250, 1 cr500, 1 cr80, and me the briggs &stration as i was knick named today being thats what they said it sounded like when i got up on thier back tire. hehe

great weather to not to hot not to cold. we got back to the parking lot and as we rolled in we had company a white van with a bike trailor on the back, so they must have followed us in, then cause we didnt run into anybody.

after filling our stomachs with some food(thanks to one of the guys who came up and brought it all) a few sandwhitches pops and cookies later we were gassing up(well the 2 smokers where, i had filled my tank and was not in need of such trivellry, yes i did say i filled my tank) and we headed out back into the trail, we wernt 10 minutes in and there is the first of the riders comming at us, he waved with 3 fingers showing, so i contined to look for the next guy in the line, and after awhile i though that guy was just messing with us because there was nobody for about 20 minutes, and then they trickled in here and there i would meet one and then another and then the last one. so then we were off with out a care in the world we rode at a good clip for some time before resting, and at the rest stop the youngster made the statement issuing a challenge to certain people in the group(not i) my saying hey only my dad and jim(myself) can go as fast or faster than me, why are you guys so slow(as he pointed dircetly at mister RM250 rider tony (tony had been sand bagging for a long part of the day keeping an eye on his good buddy nate on the cr 500, well tony accepted the challege and off they went, i didnt get to see it but i cought the little guy on the 80 still moving along at a decent clip, but being hinderd by the whoops. as i cought him i noticed well tony had checked out, well i just plain couldnt find a way around this kid he kept talking all the good lines through every corner where there were 2 lines. i finally got by him at a intersection, and i started pushing hard, only to see tonys trail of terror he had left in the sand. the sign of the late braking slide into the corner and the full throttle exit. needless to say i did not catche him i came close as i got to the parkinglot and saw him pulling his helmet off and throwing his legg of the bike. ahh the little guy wasnt talking anymore smack back at the trucks to tony anymore hehe and all he had was exscuses as to why he couldnt run with tony hehe

ahh i remember the good ole days of the kid that would bragg and the they got beat

ah you cant beat a good day of riding and bench racing now its time for a nap :ahhh:

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
Sounds like you had a ball, we normally do the same twice around long lake and twice around missauki junction. That puts a good day in.

Brian

Top Bottom