250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
I am so excited !! I just got home with my new bike. It is a 2000 RM250, FMF Gnarly, Enzo suspension, ceet graphics, pro-taper Contour bars, and more stuff that I can't remember right now. It is going to take me a while to get used to it, it is a really snappy and fast bike. It keeps trying to kill me, but I think we can work it out.

It was a gift for my 16th B-day, which is coming up shortly. Mom and Dad helped me pay for it, and Dad took me to look at it, and brought it home for me. When we got home with it, my mother gave it a dissaproving look. When Dad started it up, Mom covered her ears and gave Dad a look that I though would knock him right off the bike. She would happily have me on a tt-r 125. She is happy for me, that I am in love with my new bike. But she hates my bike. My Dad was worried about it, but he let me buy it, if mom had been there I prolly wouldn't have come home with it. But oh well, she says I am allowed to keep it as long as I drive quiet on the road and don't kill myslef ( she said this with a very dissaproving glare). Dad said to not let her ride it no matter what, or she will sell it out from under me, what she doesn't know about it can't hurt her ;)

Anywways, I can't wait to get out and rie it tomorrow!

Apr 30, 2007
Suh-weet and good luck!!! Post a picture or two if and when you get the chance! Seems like this month everyone has picked up something new!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
justalonewolf007 said:
Suh-weet and good luck!!! Post a picture or two if and when you get the chance! Seems like this month everyone has picked up something new!
You aren't kidding I picked up all kinds of new parts to repair Spiders bike :)

Congrats on the new ride and start working on the "goon rider part 2 video" :yikes: (No mini skirts or Old89 and Foxforks just might not survive :nener:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Congrats on the new bike! So how was the riding this weekend?

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Well, the riding this weekend was short and sweet, very very sweet. I have a very nasty case of strep throat, and have for the last week. So I staggered out to my bike, dizzy, nauseated, unable to swallow, tired, and determined to ride my new bike. My Dad and my friend from the bike shop came with me. Of course, everybody had to ride it, and I have now been forbidden to let any of my friends on it, and my Dad is really worried about letting me ride it. The thing is insane. I have ridden a lot of different 250 2 smokers, and none of them act like this thing. It hits harder than a freight train, and is highly unpredictable. I am just amazed, and so was everybody else, we have never ridden a bike that hits this hard. My Dad has been riding big bikes for 35+ years, and he said this one scares him. But I love it, I am just so happy with it, if not a little afraid of it. I've almost gone over backwards a few times allready, and I've only had it a few days, and its not like I don't know how to ride these bikes.

I would love to post some pics, it's a goregus bike, but it won't let me. If someone with powers to upload pics wants to pm me with their e-mail addy, I can send them the pics to put on for me.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
What happened to just posting them up on the net, motocross.com or photo bucket. Congratulations on the bike, I hope! You have one heck of a race bike. Have your mechanic check where the power valve tensioner is set at. You can make it hit hard or soft. See what size sprockets are on it. Strep throat around these parts require a doctor visit and anti-biotics. Slap some pink plastics on it, it may get rid of the excess riders!

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Strep throat around these parts require a doctor visit and anti-biotics. Slap some pink plastics on it, it may get rid of the excess riders!

Yeah, I finally went to the doctor a few days ago, and yes, antibiotics for 250girl. I thought it was a really bad cold and I would get over it soon enough... guess I was wrong.

And yeah, pink plastics.......tempting, but a little degrading too though, I am not sure yet. Pink grips for sure. And I don't know if it would get rid of exess riders, some of them are pretty determined (and rude)...........I usually have a hand gesture that conveys the message just fine, to the rude ones.

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
250girls new ride:

Attachments

• 7b2f_20(2).jpg
    7b2f_20(2).jpg
    154 KB · Views: 92
  • ceb2_20(2).jpg
    ceb2_20(2).jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 94

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
jackflack44 said:
sweet how tall are you?

I am dead on 5'6'' if I stand up reeeealy straight. Why do you ask?

Thanks a million fatcat216, those pics turned out real nice.

jackflack44

May 3, 2008
cuz im about to get a kx 125 at 5'5 and knew that they were similar in seat height so was just wondering how you fit on the bike.

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
I can only get one foot on the ground, and I have to slip sideways off the seat a little to do it. In some situations where normal people would just put their feet down to prevent impending doom, your only option will be to gas it and hang on.

And of course, there are always those situations where your only option is to jump off and get out out of the way so your bike won't land on you, because you know you can't save it. This situation is especially common on sidehills. And, there are those emberrasing moments when you come to an (impressive) screeching halt in a big cloud of dust beside your buddies, go to put your foot down, and realize that the ground is lower on that side (a ditch, pothole, rut) and then you slowly, helplessly, emerassingly, fall over sideways with your leg still under your bike, while all your buddies laugh at you. No, they will not come and pick the bike up off of you, or help you in any way shape or form, they are still laughing too hard.

jackflack44

May 3, 2008
250girl said:
I can only get one foot on the ground, and I have to slip sideways off the seat a little to do it. In some situations where normal people would just put their feet down to prevent impending doom, your only option will be to gas it and hang on.

And of course, there are always those situations where your only option is to jump off and get out out of the way so your bike won't land on you, because you know you can't save it. This situation is especially common on sidehills. And, there are those emberrasing moments when you come to an (impressive) screeching halt in a big cloud of dust beside your buddies, go to put your foot down, and realize that the ground is lower on that side (a ditch, pothole, rut) and then you slowly, helplessly, emerassingly, fall over sideways with your leg still under your bike, while all your buddies laugh at you. No, they will not come and pick the bike up off of you, or help you in any way shape or form, they are still laughing too hard.

Ha ok thx for the info :) and thats hilarious :rotfl:

Apr 30, 2007
Sorry for the thread hijacking I'm about to do!! :blah:

jackflack, you'll be fine on the kx125.

At 5'2" I'm able to manage (I say manage because it is NOT easy) a CR125 with stock setup, and even managed a start with no ruts or starting blocks.

Everyone still gets a chuckle out of my drive up to the starting gate and hopping off before it tips over. Or, while waiting in line for practice, I can almost throw a leg over the seat. It usually sticks straight out.

So, being 3 inches taller, you'll be just fine. 250 girl will testify to my truthfulness...

Edited to add...

That thing looks like a mean killer rumble bee! Suh-weet ride 250girl!

Last edited:
Top Bottom