fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Hey everybody! I just got home from picking up my new (well, almost new) 2002 KDX 220! It was barely used and looks practically brand new. I took it for a short spin around Napper's yard...totally awesome! Thanks to my dad and Napper for helping me out with the new ride!

I sure hope Spring comes around REAL SOON! :aj: :yeehaw:

-Nathan

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
The "Cabbage Patch" is alive in the Thompson camp once again. Anybody looking for an XR 200?

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
Originally posted by fender92883
I just got home from picking up my new (well, almost new) 2002 KDX 220! It was barely used and looks practically brand new.
Ummm, Smit-Dog's bike?

Congratulations Nathan! You'll love the bike, and you'll be fast on it I'm certain!

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Originally posted by Magoo
Smit-Dog's bike?

No, actually. This bike only had a few hours of use on it...the engine's probably just barely broken in. It's still completely stock. She sure is a sweet bike, though! I'm going to have a LOT of fun!

Yep, so it looks like I'm going to be spending a lot of time out in the garage in the near future!

you'll be fast on it I'm certain!

I hope so! But if not, at least I'll be out having fun! :yeehaw:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hey Fender - WOW!!! Congrats on the new "adventure on 2 wheels"!! Just from the heat your body is putting off from all the jumping up an down that white stuff dont stand a chance!!! I think we should have an early ride over your way to celebrate with you!!! By the way, I REALLY like the color you chose!!
Way to go fellow GREEN rider!!
Woodsy
P.S. This wheelies for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• drnbc.jpg
    drnbc.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 122

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Welcome to the big leagues! You'll have a blast on your new green bike! Tell use more about it? Does it still have the stock tires? If so, pick up a set of S-12's or 773's, that stock 695 isn’t much help in Michigan sand.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
We got handlebars, handguards, new front tire and stiffer fork springs all lined up for it. I still remember what to jet it at I think. Compared to his XR 200, this thing rips!

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
One more to the front of the pack!
Congrats, Nate.

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
(turn on Hemi commercial voice) SWEET!

That's to cool Nate. If you progress as fast as you did on the XR, you will be quite the rider at the end of the year!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
:thumb:

Congrats on the new ride Nathan! Now aren't you glad you weren't "FenderXR-200Guy".

That's it, I'm keeping mine. The tide is turning..... a sea of GREEN MACHINES (well, maybe a Husaberg or 2)!

Seriously, you'll become a better, more confident rider coming off that XR. And you've got one of the best KDX minds at your disposal for wrenching tips and tricks. (Fred - Make him do it all!).

How about some pics of your new ride?

Ummm, Smit-Dog's bike?
No Magoo, it' still available. I can meet you with the bike at the bridge if that money order is ready.

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Thanks everybody!

I rode it down to crb's house to show him today (he lives 3 houses away)...that front tire really likes to lift off the ground in 2nd gear! I'm so used to having to dump the clutch, seat bounce, and pull up on the bars to get that front end up just a little bit...this is a bit easier ;) I gotta' get used to the INSTANT power of a 2-stroke!

Hmm...lemme go see if I can find my dad's digital camera so I can get some pics up here...

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Erin just took a picture of me & my KDX.

Here it is:

Attachments

• natekdx.jpg
    natekdx.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 125

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
That's a clean looking bike, guy! Careful though - remember what our parents taught us:
Keep that look up much longer and your face will STAY that way!

crb

Oct 14, 2001
Wow! Nate that thing is too clean. Just wait till early spring we will hit the north loop in Gladwin. Should be just like the Blackwater Enduro up at Lame Duck Trail.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Fender: I would have thought you would be hugging that gorgeous piece of equipment!! Remember this advice from ol Woodsy - KDX's treat you as you treat them, in other words - Name it and talk to it (Young Ted is the only other rider that I know who agrees with me about this), keep it company (what ever you do - DONT leave it unattended for to long, I left my 250 covered for a month once and it threw me off the back during the first ride at the "Snowy Chicken") and they like to be held closely (sit on it and crouch down holding the tank like you were going thru real tight single trail - THEY LOVE THAT!!). Make that KDX your best friend and it will reward you MANY times over!!!
NICE BIKE KIDDO!!!
Woodsy

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Great looking bike Nate!!  I am sure you will enjoy riding even more and will be faster too.  It may be time to graduate to 24 miles per hour.

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Originally posted by fatherandson
It may be time to graduate to 24 miles per hour.

:scream: I think I'd better try 12 mph on my own a few times before I go for 24... :eek:

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Originally posted by woodsy
Fender: I would have thought you would be hugging that gorgeous piece of equipment!!

Who said I didn't? ;)

Originally posted by woodsy
Make that KDX your best friend and it will reward you MANY times over!!!

Believe me, I will! This bike is gonna' get a LOT of attention! :)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by 70 marlin
She's very clean nathan, hey Fred you have my tool box?

Tool box?

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
look @ nathan pic. Your red tool box is just like mine. as a matter of fact your garage looks a lot like mine. (very full)

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Originally posted by fender92883

I sure hope Spring comes around REAL SOON! :aj: :yeehaw:

-Nathan

Why do you have to wait until spring??? I'd put "studded tires" or "Kold Kutters" at the top of your Christmas list! :)

Top Bottom