m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
ok i ride really tight trails and i figured the to best bike for my size and how i ride and what i am looking for are in the crf250x and the ktm 250 exc-f. now, i did some research on both bikes. i currently own a honda cr250 and i love hondas reliability. will i get that with the ktm? im anal on maintenence so both bike will be kept up on. i have three dealers near my house, so parts arent an issue either. basically i want some insight on both bikes as to the reliabilty of the ktm, and what years were good for both bike? if anyone has ridden both bikes that wouldnt hurt to hear your opinions either. thanks for any and all help guys.

EDIT: how is the low end from the ktm 250exc-f compared to the crf250x from the years 05 and on? because hotcams offers a stage one for the crf but not the ktm. so i would have to change my gearing. and an exhaust would help but i dont want to be to loud, i dont want to make our issues worse with people shutting us down.

-mike.

Last edited:

Pushin50

Dec 18, 2006
I have a crf250x 4t and a 250xcw 2t. The KTM has quicker handling and the motor is very tunable. You should look into a KTM 2t if you really like to ride tight woods. Both of my bikes have been very reliable.

Joburble

Bring back the CR500
~SPONSOR~
Jul 20, 2009
I have never met anyone who owned a KTM300exc 2stroke who didn't love it. Unfortunately I have no experience with this bike myself, but have heard enough people rave about them to think they may be worth investigation.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
i currently have a 2 stroke. im awaiting my 12oz flywheel weight from steahly. sometimes, i like to just ride really wide open trails instead of the really really tight rocky rutted trails and hills. its so annoying cruising on my 2 stroke it chugs and jerks. thanks guys.

-mike.

Top Bottom