D!rtbag

Apr 30, 2007
Well, im glad to say i finally got my first bike. A beutiful brand new 2006 Yamaha TTR230.Anyone know what the top speed on one of these is stock? :p

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
Nice and congratulations. Who cares how fast it would top out at but rather how far or high it can jump... :p

D!rtbag

Apr 30, 2007
i will test that out later on down the road :p :boss: but i gotta gewt used to shifting and things yet. I havnt rode it at all yet due to some dead battery (electric start :( ). any idea if they make a kickstart kit for my bike anywhere if possible?

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
You can always bump start (push or roll it down a hill in gear holding in the clutch, pop the clutch out and pull it in and it should start.) If the battery isnt junk it should charge it while it is running.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I'd say it will do 60 mph. That's what I'd guestimate mine will do. If you want a kick start, I'll sell you my 1986 TT225. It's got a few extra inches of suspension travel and a few extra inches of seat height.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Congrats on the new bike :nod:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Congratulations on the first bike.

Remember, there is a great deal of difference between quick and fast.

Work on quick, fast will come in time.

D!rtbag

Apr 30, 2007
Bike problems :(

Well, it is now Mothersday.Battery charged, but bike is still messed up. We are taking it down to the dealer to get it checked out. We finally got it started, but it has a high idle on it. we tried setting the idle speed, but it still does the same crap. it "misses" when its running and then the bike's idle gradually lowers then shuts off. My dad is going to get it fixed tomarrow. I AM REALLY EXCITED!!! :coocoo: :debil: to ride this bike!The furthest i got to ride was down my back yard coasting.at least i got used to turning the bike, getting on it and pushing it and such.

D!rtbag

Apr 30, 2007
Fixed!

Yes we did everything we are supposed to warm up, check the fuel line,battery, etc. As it turns out, my dad and brother took it to the dealer when i went to school. There was dirt in the carb.:p so tomarrow is gunna be the nicest day this week and hopefully i,m going to learn how to ride (if i can stay home from school tomarrow). :p

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Are you sure this bike was brand new?

D!rtbag

Apr 30, 2007
Yes

yes this bike is brand spanking new. it is just an 06' model and it wasnt moving anywhere just in storage.Everything looked new under the seat looked good and the whole bike itself looked new. I,ll get a pic tomarrow when i get. :ride:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
My wifes bike had a similar problem when new, but it was plastic flash from the tank clogging up the carb.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Make sure the air filter is clean and oiled. I'm still looking why there would be sand in your carb.

Top Bottom