ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Especially the ones that I have to work the Monday everyone else is off! Why do I hate them? Because everyone and their brother is going somewhere, so the highways are packed with weekend drivers, ( you know, the ones that are from out of town, don't know the area, and drive like doofuses!), and this means law enforcement is out in huge numbers!

I took Jr. for a quick ride from the house Sat. morning, and we decided to ride to the top of the Cajon Pass. Everything was great until we got about a mile from the ridges at Baldy Mesa. We spotted a Sherriff in a mini-Blazer sitting at the last major (dirt) intersection, and I'm sure he spotted us, but for some reason when we turned around he chose not to follow.

:confused:  We ended up riding back down to the 'Rib-cage', (the little canyon across from the Wendys by the truck stop), where we rode the little enduro trail that crosses the opposite hillside. We hit some jumps for awhile, then rode over to watch the little guys on their new bikes out learning to ride. The rib-cage is totally illegal, un-like the ridges, but easily accesssable for us by taking backroads. The Sherriffs usually don't chase everyone out until someone gets hurt.

The sad thing is that we were on our way to a LEGAL area, but I guess they just want to make sure we don't ride in, but drive in so we pay our $5.00! The road is only posted 'no green sticker vehicles' the last 1/2 mile before the ridges!:flame: It's not the money; we'd just like to ride in from the house when we're only riding 1 tank of gas for the day. With all the new regs. and hassles with the forest people I'll probably just park at my friends house up there-- he's within 100 yds. of the forest boundary! :debil:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
A neighbor was telling me the Sheriff Dept. was busy pushing the riders out of the Rib Cage Sunday. Ive never seen the blazer up along the way to the ridge before. KTM, Im thinking that when I can mount the Green Giant again you and I should scout us an new alternate route to the Ridge.

Top Bottom