• 1820259492_5816366643_o.jpg
    1820259492_5816366643_o.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 249

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Sorry, got that beat. 79 at byron, CR250 with air caps. First moto, first lap, BIG lead, come off a high speed jump and go to land. There is a brief moment when you realize the front is going to far down with no resistance, then pain! Well the one fork dampener rod came unscrewed from the bs cap and the other one snapped, about a 6 or 7 mm rod! That is when I got my tag.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
IndyMX said:
Good Eye!

Besides, you'd think that you might notice the axle coming out of the bike..

Or the rear tire, or the motor/frame, or the pipe, etc... ;)

Shopped for sure.... still a pretty funny pic though :cool:

Bspeed

~SPONSOR~
Jan 14, 2007
Let me tell you young whippersnappers.
Now back when, I jumped my bicyle off what was one of the first ever would -be-the-first-jump-of-a-fmx-launcher-jump,

that my front wheel came off... and I crashed hard, knocking the wind out me.

dirt bike rider came over, grabbed me by my belt, and while saying "this will help you breath" proceeded to lift me up, almost bending me in into backwards pretzel.

It aint sumting you forget, ever. wheeze, gasp, owww.

dem dam bicycle wheels forever falling off.

Last edited:

Bspeed

~SPONSOR~
Jan 14, 2007
now den did I evers tell you whippersnappers about how I used to jump over FIRE.
That's right. FIRE.
Me and the MAN, Evel K., we were the bad ones of the day. Only he cheated, using a motor. had several inches of actual suspension too.

anyhow. you goota understand, across the street lived a real purty girl.

So I gather up (not a hunter) gather up, a bunch of pine straw needles. Light em on fire behind the jump. (where else..it aint no circus act)

so got me a good fire going in my Mama's yard, go get the purty neighbor girl to watch,
and I clear the fire jump big time. oh yeah.

and dam right its true story.

now what else is true?
I invented cross bars on stingray bicyles handlebars.
dam right i did.
Wore a scar for a while working on that one.
other kids ask me how did that happen. I tell 'em and you know what they said ?

they said " your stupid". dammit. no justice in the world of little kids.

Bspeed

~SPONSOR~
Jan 14, 2007
Sooo... dis other time...we young-uns, after looking at pics of Bridgestone scramblers in the Sears catalog, went about making yet another board-on-bricks-on-whatever jump.
we jumped it a little while, then I dunno, one fo the more evil kids started adding more angle to the Mangle. a LOT more. More Mangle Angle that is.

Oh yea, we ride up to it. But uhnn uh. somehow making motor cycle engine noises did not make anyone braver.

excpet my brother. dang he jumped that Mangler jump.

SON OF LOT OF WORDS KIDS SHOULD NOT SAY!

B I G A I R T I M E H A N G I N G DEATH UPON LANDING!

we never seen anyhthing stupider. or braver. Reached the Branches of Pine Tree.

D A Y U M M M.

That Boy Hurt for days and days. But talk about RESPECT :)
seriously I gasped of sheer fear when I saw it happen.

Bspeed

~SPONSOR~
Jan 14, 2007
So our riding area (pensacola, Fl.), it had these nice, tall, steep and sandy hills.
Took a good bit of throttle to get over. Yeah Ok, so some Honda 90's did make it

Well anyhow, this adult aged rider was out there, his first time visit. Bike was a Sano DT250 tricked out with 21" front wheel, gyt kit, etc.

Took on the Hill Climb.

Only one Problem.

There was about 20' of flat dirt at the top, the other side was a STRAIGHT CLIFF in the DOWN direction.

Yep...too fast and furious the DT Man went.

It was hard to tell what/who was worse off... the rider with multiple broken bones or the totally trashed DT250....

Top Bottom