I Have No Clue!

motoxgurl47

Dec 31, 2007
Hello everybody! I'm kind of stuck between what two bikes I should get. I bought an RMZ250 a few months back and I don't really like it very much. Before that, I raced a YZ85 and I loved it. I have no idea if it was because I was riding a Yamaha or because I liked the 2-stroke. Well, my friend told me I should go with the YZ125 but my other friend said go with the YZ250F. I like two strokes but I don't really mind the 4-strokes either. What do you guys think? I'm 5'7 and weight about 145 lbs. Thanks! :)

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
how are you hands on wise? do you do all your own maintence and work? a 4 stroke is a more complex engine than a 2 stroke. what and where do you ride. big open areas, do you climb alot fo hills, trails?

RedBull

Viva La Revolucion!
Nov 14, 2001
not everyone likes the 4strokes....

Jan 3, 2007
Besides the RMZ and KXF might just be the most problematic 250F ever made it is a 4 stroke. Like RedBull said not everyone likes 4 strokes or the engine matinence that comes with it.

motoxgurl47

Dec 31, 2007
Info...

1) your physical size: 5'7/145 lbs.
2) How physical/aggressive are you? I'm pretty aggressive I guess.
3) What do you plan to ride-MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends? Motocross
4) Do you have any riding experience? I do. I raced 85s for a bit.
5) Do you think you will race? Sure do.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? I don't think so no. I can do the easy stuff for sure but once it gets complicated, I'm taking it to a shop.
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? I prefer Yamaha over all the rest but I'm not sure about what stroke I should get. I think maybe 2-stroke? Idk.
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? I have three and they carry an array of bikes.
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? Nothing over $7,000.
10) Do you live in California? I do.
11) Your age? 16
12) Anything else that you think would help form an opinion? Hmm...I want a bike I can have for a while.

RedBull

Viva La Revolucion!
Nov 14, 2001
yah like aryain said your in luck but not just with yamaha KTM is also the biggest 2stroke maker left. And they arent just keeping last years model looking new either. you say your style is agressive and that you raced and plan on racing so with the limit on 125's being now 144.
I would for sure go that option. Me I would go KTM 144sx strait out of the box 144cc. but my brother races a yahmaha yz with the 144 kit on it. I think it cost him around 400 but he gets his parts at cost. Some ppl dont like the KTM's I feel its because their new and its the thing to rag on KTM in the states here. So mabey if you can ride them I say KTM some say yamaha but I think your best shot is a 2stroke 144

http://www.ncyyamaha.com/new_vehicl...11I14JPMQ1762R0&veh=56511&CatDesc=Motorcycles

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
stick with 2-stroke.the yz's are really nice bikes.I am 5'6'' and I ride a 250,but a 125 would be nice too.They are both pretty tall,so it is just a question of how much weight you want to deal with,and how much power you can handle.The newer 2-strokes are pretty light,even the 250's.And as previously mentioned,the 2-strokes are much easier to work on.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…