i have to rev engine up to put into 1st gear

menaceg21

Apr 18, 2006
i messed around with the cable but it still did it.....even when i rev up the engine it jerks real bad...if i dont rev up the engine and put it in first it cuts off. this is frustrating

Mar 1, 2005
if the cable didnt cure it,more than likely your clutch basket and/or inner hub is notched and the plates are sticking in the grooves and not serperating completely.my 125 did the same thing and all i had to do was take the basket off and file down the high spots of the notches in the basket fingures and since then my drag has vanished.this will only work if your clutch parts are not to terribly worn.if the notches are deep enough,you risk having to remove so much material that the basket fingures become to weak and could possibly break off.

1994WR250Chad

Mar 19, 2006
Problem could be...

Clutch plates are sticking... u may need to open up the clutch and replace the plates $110 as well as a thorough replacement of fluids $15. Just as 2-strokes-4-life said ur probably going to need to replace ur clutch basket (250$) if you have damaged it.

When you finally fixed the clutch... let ur bike warm up good before u put it into gear. Then ride in 1st gear for a short distance, then coast (in gear) speed up, then coast (in gear) then speed up (warms up and ensures the clutch plates are moving freely).

Once you have warmed up your clutch you shouldn't have to worry about the clutch sticking... that is if you ride it once a week.
Change out your clutch fluid every few rides to prevent that from happening.

Happy trails

Top Bottom