I have Vuillemin's plastic, whats it worth?

ktmrider

Jun 20, 2000
At a event with the CCC (cycle conservation club) in Michigan they auctioned off the plastic that was on David Vuillemin's bike when he beat mcgrath for the first time and it is singed by him. I was wondering how much this is worth???

------------------
KTMRider

01 KTM 520exc
98 KTM 125exc
96 XR 400

NEMX

Sep 14, 2000
No offence, But i dont think its worth ground it sits on ! the man shot his mouth off and look at him now !

------------------

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Maybe you'll find some big Vuillemin freak to pay more... but you'll probably only get what the plastics are actually worth - like maybe $100 or so for it all.

------------------
'01 YZ 125 - #32
2000 D17 Women's Motocross Champion
Sponsors: DGY, MX-Tech, Bell, Smith, Works Connection, Boyesen, Twin Air, SoCal/DeCal Works, Morris Trailer Sales, and Skyway Trucking

Max Factor

Sponsoring Member
Oct 18, 2000
Hey Ron, That blue color will look terrible in your garage ;)

------------------
Yes it's fast...........No, you can't touch it!

ktmrider

Jun 20, 2000
Hey Max,
This is Kyle, Ron's boy. Your right, orange and blue don't go that great together! Hey when are we going riding!!
:D

------------------
KTMRider

01 KTM 520exc
98 KTM 125exc
96 XR 400

[This message has been edited by ktmrider (edited 04-19-2001).]

Max Factor

Sponsoring Member
Oct 18, 2000
Kyle:
I was out last weekend and am going to Geels this weekend. (see places to ride thread)
We'll set something up for 28/29

------------------
Yes it's fast...........No, you can't touch it!

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
If you are a huge DV fan the plastic will be worth more than money. You should hang it on the wall in the garage. There is not a lot of money in most motocross related autographed items from what I have seen. The value may be in being able to look at it and say that it was on DV's bike. Maybe it will bring luck into your garage. I have a few jersey's that have been autographed by Jeff Ward and Rickey Carmichael. They are two of my favorite riders of all time. They have value to me, but I would not expect anyone to want to buy them. The value is in the experience that I remember when I had an opportunity to speak with these two individuals. You cannot put a price on that. I would not want to add anything to our sport that would turn it into a money machine. Motocross is all about experiences and memories and sharing these. Not about the high and mighty dollar. Sorry so long winded, but we should save the money related memorabilia for Stick&Ball sports and NASCAR.

Andy

------------------

Top Bottom