I know it's not a dirtbike, but.....

schmanman

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 9, 2007
it's a fun little sucker....
I built this for my best friend. not a single sent spent.
It, believe it or not, goes 60.
It has a speedometer.
the frame is from the 70's-80's

totally custom, uses a dirtbike front end, has a 4 hp kohler probably pushing 6 hp.

I'm giving it to him because he lives in a subdivision near me, and he can ride it to my house this summer, and hey, since I have a dirtbike, I dont really have a use for this sucker.

I got the engine (from 1970-somthing) from my grandpa, who had it in a cabinet in his garage, with the factory plastic wrap still on it.

put gas and oil in, and it ran first pull.

I have been assembling it, and fabricating in my spare time, every one and a while, in preparation for this spring, when we will take it to his house. I did the upholstery, too.

the clutch, which I accidentally broke the drum off, (centrifugal clutch), was professionally welded by one of my mom's friends, who runs a welding shop.

had other stuff, because behind my barn, i have a little motor vehicle junkyard of my own.

me and my friend know someone who runs a car customization shop, and he's gonna paint and bondo the tins (tank, fenders, etc.) for us.

anyway, here's the pics.

click the pictures to view full size

HPIM0562.jpg

HPIM0563.jpg

HPIM0564.jpg

HPIM0565.jpg

this is how I got it in the first place:

last summer, I rode a bike my other friend had put an electric scooter motor on, and it was fun, so Immediately started looking for a frame i could build up.

well, about three days later, i turned this up.

it had almost everything, but a shorter pair of forks and different front tire, no engine, clutch, or handlebars.

so I got the bars form a salvage yard for $10, after buying the frame for $60.

I got the clutch for $25 new.

then, after a summer of riding, a shaft inside this Little gearbox that was on there snapped, and the gears seized up, and then rounded off.

I pushed it behind the barn, and put it under a tarp in late summer, after receiving my dirtbike.

so, a couple weeks ago, I pushed it back in, and flipped the engine around, flipped the air filter around to make it fit, replaced the spark plug, and re did the chain, and rear break, etc.

now I'm giving it away. :D

schmanman

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 9, 2007
umm, nope. :nener:

doesn't take off like a dirtbike.

my kawasaki is faster (duh) but with this, you get on, and twist the throttle, and go.

no shifting, clutch, etc.

I like my dirtbike more, but my friend is going to use this to ride to my House and stuff.

(we have done a burnout with it, though)

Top Bottom