CrashAddict

Nov 17, 2007
I have a 95 300 ktm exc and when I bought it it came with no manual and I only know one thing and that is that they take a gas oil mixture.
Now the bike smoked a little much but still ran strong so I was advised to just burn all the gas just incase the mix was not right...so i did...and when I put the new gas and oil in ( 32:1) the bike started running like crap! So after talking to and old friend who knows a good amount about bikes he tells me a lot of 2 strokes have an oil pump that mixes it for you! so my Q. is
1. does a 95 ktm 300exc have a sepret res for oil
2. if so how bad is it that i have put mixed gas in it!

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
40:1 premix with a good quality oil would be a better starting point, chances are it was jetted for that. Also be sure the carb is not contaminated, the fuel today goes bad very quickly and can leave deposits in the bowl, jets, ect. Clean fuel tank, petcock and carb. Good luck

CrashAddict

Nov 17, 2007
Thanks you all..I called ktm hut and found out that i was correct in mixing my gas and oil and since I put in a new plug and the mix is wright I think I am going to have take your advice and break down the carb!

mcdavid32

Dec 8, 2007
i agree with shaw520,with a good quality pre-mix i think anything more than 40-1 is just wasting oil.i have a 99 300 exc and the manul says 50-1 to 60-1 with good premix.i

Top Bottom