jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I miss you guys. I miss this site. I miss my bike. And most of all I miss my kiddos.

For those of you in the dark - I have been gone overseas for a week now on a business trip that started in London and now has me in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for two months. It was either go on the trip, or go get in the un-employment line. :think:

It could be worse, I know...
Two months in the grand scheme of things isn't huge, but dangit I miss my life.

I have seen some cool stuff, but no matter how cool it is, that awesome feeling of riding my bike can't be beat. Nor can the sound of my kiddos laughing and playing loudly in the house. You never realize how much you enjoy the sounds that used to sometimes bother you until those sounds are gone. :ugg:

Here's hoping I get back by my November 14th end date....

-jeffd

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
I don't know you personally but, after being on here for little over a year I feel I know lots of people. We feel your pain. Keep the faith. :thumb:

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Two months has got to be a a killer, I was gone from the Family for 2 weeks one time, never again I hope. :|

Hang in there Dude! :thumb:

Do you look at every piece of open land and think what it would be like to ride it? I find myself doing that on a trip.

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Hang in there bud! We shall take some laps and drink some beer for ya at DW. Keep in touch. Take care.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
hang in there Jeff! Hopefully you'll come in ahead of schedule and can come back to some awesome riding weather. And, ther's always the chatstas to keep in touch with (well except during DW, then it's you & bsmith)

We miss ya tho.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
:( I can surely attest to hating time on the road. Never been that far, but last year 70 % of my time at work was travel. I used to like travel. Its all good for the first couple of days. It gets old realy fast now. It least it was mostly to the same place for me and the guys I was working with were cool. They even invited me to a few parties and took me out on there boat.

Be safe over there and try to have a good time. Do some people at least speak english there?

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hang in there Jeff!  I am on the road right now too (Chicago) but at least I get to go home in a day or so.....We will all hope you get home ASAP too!

Nat

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Jeff, your life will be waiting for you, right where you left it when you get done in Malaysia! ;)

In the meantime, pick up some local trinkets for your kids and send them out.  Grab some postcards if you don't have a camera.  Riffle through the phone book and see if they have a motorcycle dealer nearby.  Take a trip there and pick up a souvenier t-shirt for yourself.  Talk to them, see if there is a dirt bike scene, and spectate a couple races if possible. 

I know it's rough being away from everything you're familiar with, but enjoy the opportunity for what it is now, not for what you had... :thumb:

Take care.  We know you'll be with us in spirit at DW!

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Dude....thats a long time. do your kids aol instant message? if they do , you could surprise them with some chat. Thats a tough spot to be put in, the road trip and all. Lori has some good ideas there. Hopefully time flies by for ya.
Good luck , Walt

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by Grady
Do you look at every piece of open land and think what it would be like to ride it? I find myself doing that on a trip.

Do I ever! The terrain here is awesome. I would love to have my bike here. Or for that matter, even see a trailer with some bikes on it headed out for a ride...

Can't wait to get back and ride with my boys!

-jeffd

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by LoriKTM
Jeff, your life will be waiting for you, right where you left it when you get done in Malaysia! ;)

In the meantime, pick up some local trinkets for your kids and send them out.  Grab some postcards if you don't have a camera.  Riffle through the phone book and see if they have a motorcycle dealer nearby.  Take a trip there and pick up a souvenier t-shirt for yourself.  Talk to them, see if there is a dirt bike scene, and spectate a couple races if possible. 

I know it's rough being away from everything you're familiar with, but enjoy the opportunity for what it is now, not for what you had... :thumb:

Take care.  We know you'll be with us in spirit at DW!

That pretty much sums up my approach Lori. I am hoping to catch a Moto GP race at the Sepang Circuit Oct. 10-12. The MX scene here is (ahem) limited to say the least. I feel certain that If someone brought a YZF450 here that you could scare off several of the locals!

Thanks for the support guys (and gals). I expect anyone attending DW to drink a cold beer and take a lap in my honor - not in that order though (if you did drink then ride then people might accuse you riding with my certain "flair")

-jeffd

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Well, I left you a voice mail. Gemme a call goofy :laugh:

BTW - your bike is running great, may be a little muddy after the race at Bonita, but other than that it's perfect.

Now your truck, that's awhole nother story :think:

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by MrLuckey
Jeff, We'll definitely miss you at DW :( Keep us 'chatters' up to date :thumb:

Well said ...

Jeff stay safe and scout around for a spot for International DirtWeek 2004. Hell of a good way to heal the troubles of this ol' world.

We will definitely miss you. We would raise a beer in your honor at DW, but arn't you on the exact opposite side. I guess we could look at a feet. Mmmmmmm

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by taraker
Well, I left you a voice mail. Gemme a call goofy :laugh:

Now Taraker, as a former Sprint employee you should know that Sprint doesn't have international coverage and tri-band phones. :eek:

Don't worry though. I'll call you COLLECT!

You better wash my bike and my truck before I get back! :think:

-jeffd

Top Bottom