EZ

Jul 18, 2001
I'm going outta town 4 three days, but while flipping thru news sites, I can across a post that ticked me off. I posted and well they all ganged up on(sorta). So if any like-minded DRN'er would watch this and take up for this point of view while I'm gone, I would be thankful. the url's are:

http://www.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=63454&group=webcast

http://www.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=63718&group=webcast

I was a little po'ed and this may not be my best work, but oh well. If i'm wrong, I can take it from U guy's, but not these guys.

EZ

Jul 18, 2001
same

I posted a reply to the 2nd one , but it doesn't seem to want to come up. and 4 some reason (they're not as good as DRN:D ) I keep double posting.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Try Fish.

Try fish, they take "da bate" everytime I go.:p

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Some how I expected nothing less XRP, lol!

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
If it is true, then I agree. CNN should not be using footage from 1991 to sway public opinion in 2001. During the Gulf War, it seemed like CNN could find Sadaam anytime they wanted. Why don't they go out and shoot some real footage of the people of Afghanistan celebrating the terrorist attacks? I'm assuming they were celebrating.:think

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Has it been proven (other than someone just saying so) that the footage is old? Keep in mind, this is one hell of an acusation... the media is pretty bad, however, CREATING hatred so blatently is something I doubt they would risk. Not due to their morals mind you, but that they could easy get hammered hard for pulling something like that, it would be so easy to prove. On that basis alone, I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Seeing as CNN showed Arifat (sp?) making a statement on TV saying that it was a celebration by a very few uninfored people, I doubt it was old footage. Not that I necessarily believe him, but why would he make excuses for something that happened in 91.

EZ

Jul 18, 2001
I'm back

Well, I'm back from Pigeon Forge Tenn. Unbelieveably great cars of all vintages. Great room,great hot tub,great time.

I kinda think you guys were missing my point on the posts. For the true story on the CNN clips, go here.....

www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/RTG...ve=RTGAM&site=Front&ad_page_name=breakingnews

But whether true or not, my point was, you can't let illogical dribble like this cloud the real issue. It wasn't the CNN story per say, it was the 3 paragraphs of "why this crime wasn't really that bad since America sorta deserved it" at the end of the article. Thats how they'll been getting away with crap like this (terrorism) for so long. Maybe we here in the US know that it's useless dribble, but the rest of the world takes it as gospel when we Americans don't bother to refute it. Taking the high road by not stooping to defend against trash like this is letting the "enemy" win the court of world opinion by virture of repetition.

Looks like no one ever did make any attempt at posts that poked any serious holes at my logic, really just personal attacks. I can take those, at least when they are distant from me.:p Think I'll just let it die now. A couple of folks finally backed me up a little.Hope it was DRN'ers.If so, thanks.

That was probably my 1st non-DRN post ever. I even made my family wait a hour for our trip, so I could respond. I was extremely agitated when I left and was just hoping for a little help from a friendly corner. Okie, if I did bad,let me slide this time. I'll try not to mix motorcycles and politics from now on.

Top Bottom