Feral Donkey

May 23, 2009
For my 2000 KDX200. The rubber has developed a little ridge and it leaks past. Where do I go to get one?

Also my petcock leaks just a little. It doesn't quite shut off 100%. The bike had a hard life before I got to it and now it's a work in progress. Anyway, will I have to buy a whole new petcock or can I take it apart and replace some seals?

While we're at it, the rubber boot on the top of the carb is shot. Do they sell those or does it only come on a throttle cable assy?

Once I get that squared away I have suspension to sort out and I got a solid unit. The odometer is fried too but that's on the bottom of the list.

Thanks for any help. :)

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
bikebandit, servicehonda, cheapcycleparts, or just about any other parts store carrying kawi parts will have everything you've asked about. Yes, you can rebuild the petcock. If you can't find the float valve at the regular parts stores check sudco or jetsrus.

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
Just look on the parts microfiche on the Kawasaki site and you can see all the parts.

They have the OEM parts for the first two, not sure on the carb top rubber part.

Feral Donkey

May 23, 2009
Thanks for the pointer on the Kaw site! That helped a lot! That float valve needle cost $30!! Ouch!! Oh well. Hopefully I won't need another one for a very long time. My friend had to replace 3 of them in his Triumph Adventurer. He didn't tell me what he spent but he made a gesture like this. :bang:

Top Bottom