SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
I had a 89 cr250r and I sold it. It needed too much work to get it up to speed. Well, of course I want another bike. One of my customers offered me his 99 suzuki rm250 for $1500 with a two place trailer and a stand.

It has rebuilt top and bottom end. All new pro-tech front and rear suspension. black excel rims with brand new tires. Pro Taper bars and mounts(I think triple clamps as well). It has Pro-Circuit pipe and silencer. He also mentioned there being a mod done to the engine ports so when you're at full throttle the valves are fully open? I don't know alot of engine tech so.....

Do the 99 rm 250's have a any issues? good price? I thought so. Him and I are always talking bikes and he's 50 and never rides it at all(said the power is too much for his age and physical condition anymore). Just keeps it maintained(running it and keeping fluids in good order) he's not trying to sell it. just wants me to have another bike and see it get ridden and have a good home.

Hope this was the right thread. let me know your opinions. :ride:

btm1948

Jun 4, 2008
it sounds like a good deal but the only valves a two stroke has is the power valve. i would say go for it if you can afford it. that is a good price. all the mods on the bike and the trailer add up to probably about 1500 so to me it sounds like a steal.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
Thanks guys. Anyone else??haha Does that year of suzuki 2 stroke have any bad issues? Thanks again!!!!

Top Bottom